Pic of the day

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Capt. Orygun

Win the Day
s405dfa3eb71db.jpg

yeah, i mean it's funny as hell- but he is def. making us look like a bunch of a-holes

Originally posted by Blanco@Mar 21 2004, 03:51 PM
I'll just bet that he wrote that and the kids can't even read it. Another great example set by our military personnel overseas.

I got an idea, if your so concerned about the example we set why don't you find ur balls and join? I don't mean to be a dick but u really don't have any room to complain seeing as how ur freedom doesn't cost you a 3-6 month trip to a third world country every year.

Originally posted by Silverchild79+Mar 21 2004, 04:48 PM-->
@Mar 21 2004, 03:51 PM
I'll just bet that he wrote that and the kids can't even read it. Another great example set by our military personnel overseas.

I got an idea, if your so concerned about the example we set why don't you find ur balls and join? I don't mean to be a dick but u really don't have any room to complain seeing as how ur freedom doesn't cost you a 3-6 month trip to a third world country every year.

HE has a good point. I did join, I tried my ass off to make it, I got sick (in boot camp) and was sent home. I miss the military life. But I can not go back, beucase I have a slight case of Asthma (sp?) due in part from catching Double Pnuemonia. I do want to go back.

Originally posted by Silverchild79+Mar 21 2004, 10:48 PM-->

werd

Originally posted by SpodaB1+Mar 21 2004, 04:50 PM-->
Originally posted by Silverchild79@Mar 21 2004, 04:48 PM
Blanco

HE has a good point. I did join, I tried my ass off to make it, I got sick (in boot camp) and was sent home. I miss the military life. But I can not go back, beucase I have a slight case of Asthma (sp?) due in part from catching Double Pnuemonia. I do want to go back.

:thumbsup: for trying. i was on my way also.

i had a physical to ship from AIT to my duty station (ft drum) and failed my PCS physical, due to pinholes in my lungs. despite i could pass the pt test easily, they still kicked me out. i finished school in february, and pretty much had a free ride and did whatever i want (unless details included holdovers) till all the medical testing was finished and went home in june.

seriously, if i was that guys commanding officer id article 15 his stupid ass.

Originally posted by Silverchild79+Mar 21 2004, 01:48 PM-->
I'll just bet that he wrote that and the kids can't even read it.  Another great example set by our military personnel overseas.

hes got every reason to complain. just because you serve for your country doesnt give you the right to make us look like were all still in jr.high.
that kinda ignorance at an adult level AND in the military is sad and scary. you wanna be funny, fine, but picking on kids from a third world country who obviously support the US over there when their country is somewhat divided against us as it is.. not cool. our military should be the last place to make fun of the very people we're trying to save. if thats what you want to see go rent platoon or some vietnam movie.
in a nutshell... grow up!

edit: if you want to make fun of the people over there, make fun of the ones were tryin to get..

An Article 15 would be nice. I had to search for the meaning of an Article 15 becuase I forgot it. NJP. Hmmmm, but I understand, he probably did it just to relief some stress. You know, I would do something similar just to feel like a human again. It's really hard beign away from people that matter to you. The Marine/Soldier/Sailor/Airman next to can only be so close, he wont be the woman you left back at home, or your parents. You know? So maybe he just did it to be funny nad to feel human again. I can see why he'd do something like that. But still it isnt acceptable for a Serviceman to do. And what branch was he in. Judging by the uniform, he's in the Army. To justify my judgement the Marines have Digi Cammies.

I'm going to guess marine. Just because they went to the new uniform doesn't mean there not still using the old ones, it took the AF four years to fully transition to the BDU.

And what that picture doesn't show you is the M&M's he gave them from his MRE, or the thousands of bullets he's been ducking to get there. Or the family he hasn't seen in 3+ (at least) months. Or the men he has killed which will haunt his dreams for at least the next 10 yrs. Or howabout the next 6 months which he undoubtably will spend there helping to ensure they would grow up in a free world? You don't understand his humor because ur not military, and u can look down on me for saying that but it's true. We have a different since of humor then the world at large, and that picture was meant for his buddies back at base not for some sniviling bleeding heart liberal who can't take a joke.

This post was mainly aimed at guys like 92b16 and others who serve, I just figured I'd post it so the rest of you could have a chance to laugh. You don't like it? Fine. You have the right to say that, why? Because we gave it to you, and we do so every day.

But don't sit there behind the conformt of ur desk and critique a man who may verywell die keeping you free.

And to those who tried to serve but were turned away, thank you for your support.

Originally posted by Silverchild79@Mar 21 2004, 10:05 PM
This post was mainly aimed at guys like 92b16 and others who serve, I just figured I'd post it so the rest of you could have a chance to laugh. You don't like it? Fine. You have the right to say that, why? Because we gave it to you, and we do so every day.

But don't sit there behind the conformt of ur desk and critique a man who may verywell die keeping you free.

I was going to ignore this thread, but what the heck. For the record, I also thought this photo a very poor decision to make. And also a poor decision to post it publically. When you wear the US uniform, you are just held to a higher standard. Those in uniform represent our country. We all know that unfortunately, there is a lot of undeserved anti-American propaganda out there generated by our enemies. So no need to add to the flames, which this picture does. Especially as you post this on the internet where all things are so public. Fanning the flames only serves to put those in uniform and regular American citizens in more risk of anti-American behaviour.

Being held to this higher standard is actually meant as a compliment, but perhaps you'll just chose to call me a "sniviling bleeding heart liberal". Just because I am not in the military service, doesn't allow you to insult me while you say that we can't criticize someone in uniform. We are all equal in this great country ours. Your military service is appreciated, but it doesn't make you any more privileged. Remember... respect is earned, not taken.

As I've said before on this board, many many others put their lives on the line for our country on a daily basis, including our firemen and police officers. They would also be criticized harshly if they made stupid immature pictures like this one.

So I second the motion for an Article 15 for this stupid ass. :thumbsdown:

:werd: If a NYC policeman or firefighter found a non-english speaking immigrant in NYC and had him hold up a sign that said "I kill your father and raped your mother" you can bet your ass it would be on the front cover of every newspaper and you can also bet your ass that that cop would be out on the street- Just because a person is in the military and is dodging bullets and risking their lives everyday to ensure our freedom does not grant them the right to publicly and purposefully demean any other person. I dont say this because i am anti-military or anything like that- I have so much sympathy and compassion for you guys and for everything you do for us- I've written many letters to the paper about tropp support- And yes i understand that this picture was merely a joke that was only meant to be seen by this soldiers buddies on base- I know that we all have to let loose sometimes and relax, especially when one considers the extreme stress that soldiers are under every day- I just think that, as a military representation of the US, soldiers should be more tasteful or at the very least, more careful about the publicity of their disrespectful jokes-

Originally posted by Silverchild79@Mar 21 2004, 03:26 PM
s405dfa3eb71db.jpg

and you wonder why people fly planes into buildings over here?

thats fucked up man...

I dont say this because i am anti-military or anything like that- I have so much sympathy and compassion for you guys and for everything you do for us

:werd: :worthy:

Back