pics of the hatch thats replacing the SRT4

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bought a 92 hatch si on friday. the body is all fucked up they had a body kit on it and shit. thats all going in the trash after i run it over with my fullsize. the kid primered the whole car but didnt tape off the trim or windows so there was overspray on EVERYTHING. fucking ricers. anyways i paid $1200 for it and aside from the body it runs pretty good. on to the pics

wOTM0OTYxNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg


wOTM0OTYyNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg


wOTM0OTYzNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg


wOTM0OTY0NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg


wOTM0OTY1NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg


wOTM0OTY2NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg


wOTM0OTY3NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg


wOTM0OTY4NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg
 
now, when you handed the guy the money did you smack him for spraying apc on it too? *sigh* mabe its just me, but jdm amber's have a way of makeing anything grab my attention for some reason. call me strange i guess. good car for a prject start, cant go wrong with a hb. :shiny:
 

E_SolSi

Moderator
VIP
$1200 for THAT?
im sorry man but you got ass raped on that deal
maybe its not as bad in person, but in the pics that thing looks like crap
 
Originally posted by E_SolSi@May 22 2005, 03:47 PM
$1200 for THAT?
im sorry man but you got ass raped on that deal
maybe its not as bad in person, but in the pics that thing looks like crap
[post=502276]Quoted post[/post]​


Nooo it isn't just you... :withstupid:
 
actually we sprayed the APC shit on it.

yeah it looks worse in the pictures, we washed the interior and shit and the interior looks like new. the car needs some new bumper covers, hood (carbon fiber) and fenders and to be painted and it will be mint.
 
Originally posted by E_SolSi@May 22 2005, 02:47 PM
$1200 for THAT?
im sorry man but you got ass raped on that deal
maybe its not as bad in person, but in the pics that thing looks like crap
[post=502276]Quoted post[/post]​


actuallyhis car cost about what your gonna spend to fix the rear of yours. :p


i speayed apc on the side and dale sprayed a penis on the other side. the paint need to be striped off anyway
 

posol

Staff member
ehh, who cares what other people think. its a perfect project car.

and for the record, i scored E a new bumper for 120 :)
 
Originally posted by CoreyR@May 22 2005, 04:41 PM
no i just dont want a payment anymore, and its cheaper to build a honda than an SRT.
[post=502324]Quoted post[/post]​

:blink:

As someone who's owned both a built Honda and a factory turboed car, this seems very strange to me.

I think of how much money I sunk into that Honda, and how much I've put into my Subie, and there's no comparison. I mean, I understand that you've got a monthly payment with the SRT-4, so maybe that's what held you back.

But I don't think I can ever go back to a Honda, unless it's got the engine in the trunk. :D
 
Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+May 23 2005, 11:45 AM-->
@May 22 2005, 04:41 PM
no i just dont want a payment anymore, and its cheaper to build a honda than an SRT.
[post=502324]Quoted post[/post]​

:blink:

As someone who's owned both a built Honda and a factory turboed car, this seems very strange to me.

I think of how much money I sunk into that Honda, and how much I've put into my Subie, and there's no comparison. I mean, I understand that you've got a monthly payment with the SRT-4, so maybe that's what held you back.

But I don't think I can ever go back to a Honda, unless it's got the engine in the trunk. :D
[post=502518]Quoted post[/post]​


the fact that its factory turboed doesnt mean much. yeah the motor is capable of 500HP without removing the valve cover but besides that you need to buy all the same stuff as a honda to go faster.

A bigger turbo kit, and you cant just buy a turbo and bolt it on you need a full kit (turbo, mani, lines, DP, intake), a whole new fuel system, fuel management. how about exhaust which cost me $900 for a 3" turboback or an intercooler that was $620 in a group buy, which are all parts that HAVE to be upgraded on the car to make any power. parts are bigtime money for the car. a honda in the end is cheaper to build and will be faster for the money. to build an 11 second SRT your looking at 6-7K easy. you can do that with a honda price of car included.

but really i just dont want a payment anymore, getting rid of the neon will save me $440 a month.
 
Originally posted by CoreyR@May 23 2005, 01:59 PM
the fact that its factory turboed doesnt mean much. yeah the motor is capable of 500HP without removing the valve cover but besides that you need to buy all the same stuff as a honda to go faster.

A bigger turbo kit, and you cant just buy a turbo and bolt it on you need a full kit (turbo, mani, lines, DP, intake), a whole new fuel system, fuel management. how about exhaust which cost me $900 for a 3" turboback or an intercooler that was $620 in a group buy, which are all parts that HAVE to be upgraded on the car to make any power. parts are bigtime money for the car. a honda in the end is cheaper to build and will be faster for the money. to build an 11 second SRT your looking at 6-7K easy. you can do that with a honda price of car included.

but really i just dont want a payment anymore, getting rid of the neon will save me $440 a month.
[post=502636]Quoted post[/post]​

Maybe that's the difference between the SRT-4 and Subies/Mitsu's, then. There are plenty of companies out there that make bolt-in turbo upgrades for a subie, so that all you need to do is get some bigger injectors (sometimes) and a tune to fit it.

Thinking about it, I do remember now that Dodge fucked the aftermarket tuner by integrating the mani and wastegate (was that it), so that if you wanted to upgrade, you were pretty much screwed. I'm beginning to see your pain now.

Originally, I was just thinking that, when I got my WRX (not STi), I spent $1000 for about 80 horses to the flywheel. That's something you can't do to a Honda until you've spent the time and effort to turbo it in the first place.
 
Gotta love Hondas - or any economy cars, really. SO much money for so few horsepower.

My Ford engine will probably make around 300-325 at the wheels, and that's only with a seafoam treatment, exhaust, Holley 780 and Weiand intake manifold... All together, probably 1200 including the 500 bucks for the engine and trans.
 
Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+May 23 2005, 04:37 PM-->
@May 23 2005, 01:59 PM
the fact that its factory turboed doesnt mean much. yeah the motor is capable of 500HP without removing the valve cover but besides that you need to buy all the same stuff as a honda to go faster.

A bigger turbo kit, and you cant just buy a turbo and bolt it on you need a full kit (turbo, mani, lines, DP, intake), a whole new fuel system, fuel management. how about exhaust which cost me $900 for a 3" turboback or an intercooler that was $620 in a group buy, which are all parts that HAVE to be upgraded on the car to make any power. parts are bigtime money for the car. a honda in the end is cheaper to build and will be faster for the money. to build an 11 second SRT your looking at 6-7K easy.  you can do that with a honda price of car included.

but really i just dont want a payment anymore, getting rid of the neon will save me $440 a month.
[post=502636]Quoted post[/post]​

Maybe that's the difference between the SRT-4 and Subies/Mitsu's, then. There are plenty of companies out there that make bolt-in turbo upgrades for a subie, so that all you need to do is get some bigger injectors (sometimes) and a tune to fit it.

Thinking about it, I do remember now that Dodge fucked the aftermarket tuner by integrating the mani and wastegate (was that it), so that if you wanted to upgrade, you were pretty much screwed. I'm beginning to see your pain now.

Originally, I was just thinking that, when I got my WRX (not STi), I spent $1000 for about 80 horses to the flywheel. That's something you can't do to a Honda until you've spent the time and effort to turbo it in the first place.
[post=502646]Quoted post[/post]​


the turbine housing and the manifold are all one cast, its impossible to seperate them. so you need a full kit just like any other car. the factory BOV is also casted into the compressor housing so getting an aftermarket BOV requires a hard pipe which runs around $140 plus the cost of the BOV. stupid setup if you ask me.
 
Originally posted by Battle Pope@May 23 2005, 04:53 PM
Gotta love Hondas - or any economy cars, really. SO much money for so few horsepower.

My Ford engine will probably make around 300-325 at the wheels, and that's only with a seafoam treatment, exhaust, Holley 780 and Weiand intake manifold... All together, probably 1200 including the 500 bucks for the engine and trans.
[post=502659]Quoted post[/post]​


good for you.
 
Top