Pokey

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TeinGirl

Interesting little story I heard this evening on the news. Back in March there was a robbery/murder with some guys 2 which I went to school with and one happened to be my friends cousin. So I was here on the laptop and I heard the news anchor say that there was a 5th person arrested for the robbery. This happened to be my friend I went to school with and also worked with a few years back. Sucks to know that it happened and he's got two little boys but you do the crime you have to do the time right. Im in fear for his life once he gets in the pokey since he was a model/body builder. Total pretty boy. Bad times for him.

Here's a link for the story:
Fifth man arrested in slaying at Fort Worth convenience store | Crime and Safety | News ...

Fifth man arrested in slaying at Fort Worth convenience store

Posted Friday, Sep. 03, 2010
0904_fwarrest_cops_metro.ART_GTL151S3S.1+Timothy_Vashawn_Thomas.thumb.prod_affiliate.58.jpg

FORT WORTH -- A fifth person has been arrested on a capital murder warrant in the slayings of a store clerk and a Mrs Baird's delivery driver during a robbery of a far southeast Fort Worth convenience store in March, police reported Friday.
Timothy Vashawn Thomas, 22, was arrested about 3 p.m. Thursday without incident by fugitive officers in a parking lot of an apartment complex in the 2800 block of Las Vegas Trail. He was in the Mansfield Jail on Friday night with bail set at $750,000.
Investigators think that Thomas had "a significant role" in the slayings of clerk Daniel Rojas-Torres and bread deliveryman Jerry Burnett, said Lt. Paul Henderson, a police spokesman.
Four other men -- Kwame Rockwell, Chance Smith, Randy Seibel and Tyrone Thomas -- were indicted in June on two capital murder charges each in the robbery-slayings March 23 at the C&D Kwik Stop, 4125 Mansfield Highway. All remained in the Tarrant County Jail on Friday night.
Police have said three of the men worked at a business next door and knew Rojas-Torres. They decided to rob the store, police said, because they knew that it cashed checks and they expected to find a substantial amount of money.
Video from a store security camera showed Rojas-Torres giving a masked man a bag of cash that had been hidden inside the store's freezer. Rojas-Torres was later dragged to the back of the store, where, police say, he was forced to sit in a chair and was shot in the head.
Burnett, who had been stocking shelves when the robbers came in, was also shot in the head. The 70-year-old Burnett, who had been raising a teenage grandson, died April 2. Timothy Thomas and Tyrone Thomas are reportedly cousins, police said.

Last edited:
Yeesh. Kind of glad I didn't decide to buy a house in Mansfield... the area I was looking in was a little rough. Best wishes to your friend, but he did get into something he shouldn't have.

Yea I hope justice is served. Still sad about his girl and 2 boys. My guess is his role was get away driver. No way he could've gotten away with being in the store with the security cameras because of his stature. I remember seeing the surveillance footage on the news.

*1st post from my phone :)*

As long as you are in the right car(kind of a clique) he shouldn't have anything to worry about. If he associates with the wrong car, then he would lose his protection and anyone can make a run at him.

Back