pondering

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Blakwolf9666

have a 92 civic lx sedan 5sp and was thinking about what to do
1. i could save some money and sell it and get something newer or
2. save some money and swap something else in, but if i do what would it be? what would be the easiest/cheapest swap?
any opinions please?

just something newer like a 2000 something i dunno just throwing ideas around right now

you are going to ask people what you should do when you don't know what you want? that doesn't make sense. do you want a hatch or coupe? do you want a turbo or b-series? how much money do you have? can you do the work yourself?

Only you can decide this.

Your car will sell for about 1500 bucks give or take condition and local market.

Most cars from 2000 and newer worth buying are at least 5k, most 5-10k. Do you have that kind of money for something like that, or financing? most banks have a hard time lending to vehicles over 6 years old, so you're looking at 2004 and newer through a bank or paying ungodly interest rates.

Or, you can spend 1-10 grand depending on what you want to swap in it, and recover 10% of less of the cost when you go to sell it down the road as as seapped vehicle.

ie, a b16 in your car will still probably only fetch 3000 bucks, plus or minus, which is basically the cost to get the b16 in there in the first place.

If you're debating selling, don't do anything to it.
If you do a swap, plan to keep the car for a long time (ie, lack of power is the only thing that you don't like about the car) otherwise its just a waste of money.

like i said im just throwing ideas around and wanted too see if anyone else had any thoughts on the matter, different perspectives i guess. I wouldnt mind getting a 04-07 accord coupe though, and like i said i know id have to save a little more money but would it be worth it? or would a swap be worth it in the long run? thats basically all im trying to figure out though, like different perspectives on the matter and experiences or what not.

we keep giving you advice, but you aren't telling us anything. answer the questions we ask or we can't help.

Only you can decide what is good for you based off of your
-finances
-family situation (ie, kids/backseat needs)
-are you bored of your current car,
etc etc

i vote give the car to me and have a nice day :)

ok so if i decide to swap the motor which would be the best as far as money to power gain as well as the easiest to do (like is there one thats just a drop in and bolt up?) though i know i would have to change a few things and if so could anyone point me to a good wright up or a good source of info please

As you're a 92, most 92s are pre-wired for vtec up to the cannon plugs. That will make any swap a lot easier.

the cheapest thing to do is a mini-me, doing a z6 head swap. (400 bucks roughly all said and done)
b18b ls ls is the next cheapest (1000)
b16a is the next cheapest (3000)
gsr and so on are more... (3500+)

As you're a 92, most 92s are pre-wired for vtec up to the cannon plugs. That will make any swap a lot easier.

the cheapest thing to do is a mini-me, doing a z6 head swap. (400 bucks roughly all said and done)
b18b ls ls is the next cheapest (1000)
b16a is the next cheapest (3000)
gsr and so on are more... (3500+)

about how much would be gained from the mini me swap and how long would it take exactly and what else would be needed other than the head? and are there any good write ups that you would recommend? searching google right now

Last edited:
all the write ups are here on hondawap.

you will going 10-20 hp on the car with a mini-me swap. if you build up the engine, plan on keeping the car for a long time.

is it a 4 door auto? if it is, i would sell it, get a 96-2000, 5-speed and turbo it. build it over time. if you invest a bunch into this car, it will be a money pit and suck all your funds with no resale value.

all the write ups are here on hondawap.

you will going 10-20 hp on the car with a mini-me swap. if you build up the engine, plan on keeping the car for a long time.

is it a 4 door auto? if it is, i would sell it, get a 96-2000, 5-speed and turbo it. build it over time. if you invest a bunch into this car, it will be a money pit and suck all your funds with no resale value.

sorry but i dont think youve been reading everything i said in the first post its a 92 civic lx sedan 5sp and as far as the wright ups ive been looking and all i find are post saying use the search function so if anybody knows where a good wright up is could you please let me know

wow now thats the kind of wright up iv been looking for thank you very much ... on another note though if i decided to upgrade the cam anyone know of a good one? performance and daily driver?

Back