Pontiac Backfire... er Sunfire for sale

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

5speed4life

Ok, i have a 95 pontiac sunfire, 2.3, 5 speed (5speed4life yo) full power, sunroof, 6disc cd changer in arm rest, Sony cd player. Its loaded.

It has a rebuilt engne, but whoever rebuilt it put the wrong size bearing in it, so it knocks. I went to change the bearing, to realize this. I had the same wrong size bearing, and i had to drive it to work, so i put the new one in. Its not hard to do a rod bearing on this, takes about 2 hours, just chillin.
There is also a new head on it, New ECU and wire harness.
New shifter cables (140 bux, ouch)
New water outlet and coolant sensor
New brakes
Decent tires
etc.
The transmission case cracked on it, and its acting kinda funky. I picked it up, and dumped a crap load of money into it, and now im done.

I picked the car up cheap, and replaced the broken parts on it. I have a grand invested so far, plus another 250 for the tranny... I just dont want to deal with it anymore. You can feel my pain right?

It does drive, but dont drive it far at all. I wouldnt shake a stick at that tranny.

Anyways, if you throw a tranny in it, you will have a good running car for the wife, girlfriend, sister, etc. Atleast its black, and it wouldnt be too embarassing to drive yourself ;)

Anyways, Im askin 600 kinda firm on it, OR definatly willing to trade a beater honda for it (preferably anything from 90-95, i love me some hatches, but will take crx's, hell anything honda).
Im also definatly down for doing some parts trading, let me know what you got.
Im doing the RHD eg6, so any GOOD suspension parts (please no 50 dollar shipped ebay coilovers, i got enough of em)

Id say tho, if i do the parts trading, i want stuff of equal value.

Also if you just happen to have a RHD Eg6 front clip chillin in your garage, id definatly trade for that :D
BTW, this car on ebay goes anywhere from 900-1300, and localy sells for 1500-1700.

Pics can be found here on page 4.

I'm very Interested in this car. It will only need a new tranny right?

Originally posted by 5speed4life@Jun 9 2005, 04:03 PM
Ok, i have a 95 pontiac sunfire, 2.3, 5 speed (5speed4life yo) full power, sunroof, 6disc cd changer in arm rest, Sony cd player. Its loaded.

It has a rebuilt engne, but whoever rebuilt it put the wrong size bearing in it, so it knocks. I went to change the bearing, to realize this. I had the same wrong size bearing, and i had to drive it to work, so i put the new one in. Its not hard to do a rod bearing on this, takes about 2 hours, just chillin.
New brakes
Decent tires
etc.
The transmission case cracked on it, and its acting kinda funky. I picked it up, and dumped a crap load of money into it, and now im done.

I picked the car up cheap, and replaced the broken parts on it. I have a grand invested so far, plus another 250 for the tranny... I just dont want to deal with it anymore. You can feel my pain right?

It does drive, but dont drive it far at all. I wouldnt shake a stick at that tranny.

Anyways, if you throw a tranny in it, you will have a good running car for the wife, girlfriend, sister, etc. Atleast its black, and it wouldnt be too embarassing to drive yourself ;)

Anyways, Im askin 600 kinda firm on it, OR definatly willing to trade a beater honda for it (preferably anything from 90-95, i love me some hatches, but will take crx's, hell anything honda).
Im doing the RHD eg6, so any GOOD suspension parts (please no 50 dollar shipped ebay coilovers, i got enough of em)

Also if you just happen to have a RHD Eg6 front clip chillin in your garage, id definatly trade for that :D
BTW, this car on ebay goes anywhere from 900-1300, and localy sells for 1500-1700.

[post=510348]Quoted post[/post]​

I found some trannys if you want the info on the places.

Originally posted by 5speed4life@Jun 9 2005, 04:03 PM

New brakes
Decent tires
etc.

[post=510348]Quoted post[/post]​

Back