possible fun d-series

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
I found this hatch, and it has a d16a6 block, a6 rods, zc pistons, d16y8 head milled .030. His estiments on compresssion are around 12.5:1. On the one compression calculator I found, it put it at around 13:1. He is also including a set of CBR ITBs that he had on his older d-series, which I will have to instal. No big deal.

He is running a stock cam, so it defenitly needs a better cam, but checking on prices, most are only 200. for you d-series fans, with this setup, around what hp could I expect from this, fully tuned of course. Could I expect over 150whp?

Originally posted by asmallsol@May 16 2005, 02:31 PM
I found this hatch, and it has a d16a6 block, a6 rods, zc pistons, d16y8 head milled .030. His estiments on compresssion are around 12.5:1. On the one compression calculator I found, it put it at around 13:1. He is also including a set of CBR ITBs that he had on his older d-series, which I will have to instal. No big deal.

He is running a stock cam, so it defenitly needs a better cam, but checking on prices, most are only 200. for you d-series fans, with this setup, around what hp could I expect from this, fully tuned of course. Could I expect over 150whp?
[post=500080]Quoted post[/post]​

Wow. Go get the Crower Stage 3, install it correctly (I think you need to machine the followers or towers or something), then go tune and make your 165-175whp. That's the exact same kind of setup I was going to run in the CRX- I had all the parts except the head.

Milling the head that much mad the compression rise that much? I dont know much about head work and that sorta thing but what I read about the CR of ZC pistions is that its around 9.5:1 Sounds like it would be a fun motor to drive though. ITB's are the hotness.

Originally posted by Drake@May 16 2005, 11:15 PM
Milling the head that much mad the compression rise that much? I dont know much about head work and that sorta thing but what I read about the CR of ZC pistions is that its around 9.5:1 Sounds like it would be a fun motor to drive though. ITB's are the hotness.
[post=500387]Quoted post[/post]​

In the ZC, yes they make about that much compression. Under a Y8 head they bump up the compression QUITE a bit more.

Well I have a 1992 Civic Sedan that im starting to work on...It has a 98 D16Y7 motor in it (civic DX) and I have a D16Z6 head that is port polished that im going to put on so im hoping I can make that fast lol

Originally posted by Drake+May 19 2005, 04:34 PM-->
Thanks for the info Calesta.
[post=501441]Quoted post[/post]​

:)

CiViC_SOHC
@May 19 2005, 04:51 PM
Well I have a 1992 Civic Sedan that im starting to work on...It has a 98 D16Y7 motor in it (civic DX) and I have a D16Z6 head that is port polished that im going to put on so im hoping I can make that fast lol
[post=501446]Quoted post[/post]​

Thread jack...

i'll probally get laughed at for this, but what the hell are "ITBs" :huh:
this isnt the first time ive seen this. {please excuse this rookie}

Originally posted by chops95ex@May 20 2005, 09:10 AM
i'll probally get laughed at for this, but what the hell are "ITBs" :huh:
this isnt the first time ive seen this. {please excuse this rookie}
[post=501636]Quoted post[/post]​

Individual Throttle Bodies.

Originally posted by Calesta@May 20 2005, 10:32 AM
ITBs = Individual Throttle Bodies
[post=501654]Quoted post[/post]​

thanks.
learn something every day
not to take over this thread, but what are the benifits to these?
if i read correctlym they are off a CBR bike correct?

Originally posted by asmallsol+May 20 2005, 10:22 AM-->
well this guy hasn't responded to any PMs, so now I doubt its going to happen :(
[post=501692]Quoted post[/post]​

:( :thumbsdown: :calban:

chops95ex
@May 21 2005, 05:38 PM
thanks.
[post=502066]Quoted post[/post]​

Not necessarily off a CBR- the CBR has them, and people just use them to make ITB setups instead of paying $1000+ to buy one.

The advantage is control. You have one throttle per cylinder instead of a TB in front of a big plenum that you have to breathe through. You get more even air distribution between cylinder and faster response.

Originally posted by Calesta+May 22 2005, 12:20 AM-->
Originally posted by asmallsol@May 20 2005, 10:22 AM
well this guy hasn't responded to any PMs, so now I doubt its going to happen :(
[post=501692]Quoted post[/post]​

:( :thumbsdown: :calban:

chops95ex
@May 21 2005, 05:38 PM
thanks. 

Not necessarily off a CBR- the CBR has them, and people just use them to make ITB setups instead of paying $1000+ to buy one.

The advantage is control. You have one throttle per cylinder instead of a TB in front of a big plenum that you have to breathe through. You get more even air distribution between cylinder and faster response.
[post=502121]Quoted post[/post]​

appreciate the info. im still learning. {old school hopper gone import}
B)

Originally posted by chops95ex@May 21 2005, 07:38 PM

thanks.

The reason why many use the CBR's ITB's vs other bike manufactors ITBs is that since it is honda, there sensors on their bikes are very similar to their cars, so wiring is not as hard.

p117752_image_large.jpg

Here is a good pic of some TODA ITBs ($2000+)

its damn good lookung setup! can you boost on top of these?
looks like it would be kinda complicated to plumb, if possible

Originally posted by chops95ex+May 23 2005, 06:05 AM-->
appreciate the info. im still learning. {old school hopper gone import}
B)
[post=502455]Quoted post[/post]​

:thumbsup:

chops95ex
@May 24 2005, 07:07 AM
its damn good lookung setup! can you boost on top of these?
looks like it would be kinda complicated to plumb, if possible
[post=502883]Quoted post[/post]​

Yup- just build an airtight plenum around them that will hold boost pressure. Lots of people also build a large plenum around the ITB inlets so they can run a filter in front of them.

Thanks guys, not everybody would take the time to explain. i think we officially took over this thread. shit happens
:peace:

Back