Power Windows

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eyesonlybob

i hope i posted this in the right place.

ok, well im sick of my window cranks and want some power windows. i was looking on e-bay, and theres this guy selling some "jdm 92-95 civic sir power windows". the auction also says that it comes with jdm spec wires. now i was planning on using my helms manual and the wiring diagrams to install these. but since they are jdm spec, does that mean its not gonna match my manual? thanks.

Originally posted by eyesonlybob@Jan 30 2003, 05:03 PM
anyone?

No. For one reason at least.

The "master" (what would be on the drivers side in the USDM version) will now be on the passenger side.

So on your drivers side you will only be able to roll up/down 1 window, while the passenger will have the main controls.

well crap, i didnt even think of that. so if i buy this wouldnt i be able to swap the controls and put the 'master' on the driver side and just figure out which wires i need to wire up?

im pretty confident me and my dad can figure it out, but now im just wondering if i can swap where the controls go, that would be gay to have the master one on the passenger side.

Originally posted by eyesonlybob@Jan 30 2003, 05:21 PM
well crap, i didnt even think of that. so if i buy this wouldnt i be able to swap the controls and put the 'master' on the driver side and just figure out which wires i need to wire up?

im pretty confident me and my dad can figure it out, but now im just wondering if i can swap where the controls go, that would be gay to have the master one on the passenger side.

I'm honestly not sure.

I think it would be doable as long as you have the holes cut in the little door area where the unit goes.

I'm not sure if the doors are different or what in manual roll down window doors.

The master one is definatly bigger though. Since it has two switches.

As far as wires... with enough wire you could run the thing all around your car before you connected it and it should still work... so workabilitly : yes... making sure it will fit : no.

Go to the junkyard and pull some out of a used wrecked car. There's bound to be some.

Back