project 4DR sleepa!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95EGCoupeVtec

SOHC VTEC at its best
ok so here's the deal. my wife has a 95 4dr EX civic auto. the engine has 240k on it. i gonna do a swap, but she wants to keep it auto. now when i do the swap i have no plans on boosting it or anything like that, she just wants more power and still have it automatic. the z6 that's in there now doesn't leak a drop of oil and still gets good mpg, i'm going to take it out and use it for my vitara/fj rod build for my car.

now my question is on Torontojdm.com, which is a sponsor for hondaswap, they have b16's with auto trannies and also gsr's with auto trannys. i'm going to do one of those swaps into it. Do i need a integra rear T bracket and use the Tranny mount off the new auto tranny and i have also read on hondatech and club civic that the jdm auto trannies have some type of controller on them, that it would be harder to put a jdm auto tranny in. how would i get the ecu chipped for the new swap? i'd like to get Hasport mounts and do a whale penis intake and hyatech replica headers. i've done all work to my civic myself and done a swap in my brothers EG hatch so i feel pretty confident on doing this.

lastly, the swap has to retain power steering and a/c. would i need anything besides what comes with the B series swap to make all that work? i want to not have to drain the freon out of the system if i don't have to and i'd like to re-use the compressor that's off the z6 unless i can't. thanks everybody and any helpful info is appreciated.

Last edited:

95EGCoupeVtec

SOHC VTEC at its best
nobody? the main thing im wondering is if the cable coming from the underside of the shifter will fit on the b series automatic and also if the tranny has a cable that determines the downshift and upshift like on the d16z6 auto tranny. thanks

95EGCoupeVtec

SOHC VTEC at its best
so no one has done a swap and left there car auto? i've searched good and the only one i found was done with a usdm ls swap and had a special ecu they had to use bc the usdm LS tranny used a TCM to control the shifting instead of being cable actuaed like the d series and the jdm b series auto. the only post i found on here was for a guy who had a herniated disk in his back which caused numbness in his left leg and he did a gsr swap with a jdm auto tranny but he hasn't been on the site in almost 4 yrs, so i cant ask him how he got it all setup.

95EGCoupeVtec

SOHC VTEC at its best
wow 104 views at the time of this post and no one can even say anything about this??? c'mon B or Calesta or someone chime in!!

phunky.buddha

Mad scientist
VIP
Um hi. I don't get on every day. It's been a LONG day too- why don't you break your first post up with some punctuation and line breaks? That might make it a little easier to read. Not trying to be an ass here- I really can't read your post right now.

95EGCoupeVtec

SOHC VTEC at its best
Um hi. I don't get on every day. It's been a LONG day too- why don't you break your first post up with some punctuation and line breaks? That might make it a little easier to read. Not trying to be an ass here- I really can't read your post right now.

ok man, i fixed it. hopefully someone can give me a little insight on this swap.

Last edited:

RoughKnight

Christmas Car
fuck the swap, slap on a turbo kit and call it a day. If its too much power, send your tranny to a tranny shop and have them beef up the torque converter. This way you get more power and still retain ur ac/ps.

jdmkain

Bummp cause I wanna swap my girls auto ek coupe with a bseries vtec swap I already did my research on it its kind of a bitch u have to get bseries automatic mounts,a auto vtec harness and the rest is the same as stick swaps

phunky.buddha

Mad scientist
VIP
He's at 240k... I would rebuild the engine before turbocharging, and a swap would cost about the amount of cash.

There are brackets to reuse the power steering pump and AC compressor from the D engine on a B- that part is pretty easy. I'm not sure about the transmission side engine mounts- the bracket on the chassis is different between the auto and manual cars, so the auto transmission mount on the B engine just might fit into the bracket on the auto chassis. Not sure, sorry man.

95EGCoupeVtec

SOHC VTEC at its best
fuck the swap, slap on a turbo kit and call it a day. If its too much power, send your tranny to a tranny shop and have them beef up the torque converter. This way you get more power and still retain ur ac/ps.

turbo isn't a option and if i blow the z6 that's in there then i can kiss my vitara build for my car goodbye bc im using the block for it. and my wife wants more power than a bolt on auto z6 would have but not as much as boost would give her. i've stated this in the beginning.

He's at 240k... I would rebuild the engine before turbocharging, and a swap would cost about the amount of cash.

There are brackets to reuse the power steering pump and AC compressor from the D engine on a B- that part is pretty easy. I'm not sure about the transmission side engine mounts- the bracket on the chassis is different between the auto and manual cars, so the auto transmission mount on the B engine just might fit into the bracket on the auto chassis. Not sure, sorry man.

yeah i'm hoping i can try the oem mount off the auto B to work. and is there a aftermarket bracket to retain the ps and a/c? or is there a oem bracket? and i wonder if the tranny mount be able to be used but just drill holes in it to get it to line up properly if i could do that and just bolt it on or would i have to use a hasport mount? i wonder if they make one for a autoD ->autoB....

Last edited:

95EGCoupeVtec

SOHC VTEC at its best
She wants all motor and automatic, no boost. and a ls swap is only going to be 15hp over the stock engine. i have a d15b7 full engine i was going to do a mini me on but all the work to do that isn't gonna get shit on a D series without spending a ton of money and this is just a small bump in power for the gsr.. all motor B18 is where its at lol. i would do boost but for the price of boost i can get the gsr swap and be enough with a few boltons. if i get a turbo for it i'd only be pushing 4-5psi at the most which really is a waste for a $2,000 turbo kit. i'd rather do the gsr swap. but for some reason if i did decide to boost, how would the auto D16z6 hold up to 4-5psi?

The only thing i'm really concerned with this swap is does it use a cable to make it downshift and what bracket do i need to make the ps and /ac still work and what tranny mount would work. the rest i can handle.