Protecting My Investment

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TRuggiero_

Alright, I invest every penny I get into my car, I don't have enough money to buy 1 billion dollar vagina carrots either. So how do I protect it? Like everything? Wheels? Motor? The car itself? I know I can't and if somebody wants it bad enough they'll get it, and I heard from this other post somebody had those key lug nuts and they still got stolen. I have one of those lock things that like hooks aroung my brake but that's it. What do you guys do?

Really good alarm with all the options, Lojack, good insurance policy with all mods declared, no flashy exterior or interior bits... you can go as far as you want, but a thief will still take it if they really want it. Just take as many precautions as possible to minimize the risk!

you know, no matter what you do, if they want it, they will get it. but i've got a compustar alarm (2wss) and the best part is it has a range of over a mile. and the remote is the awesome, can vibrate and ring and can even be used as a turbo timer as well. and it's not like you have to carry an extra pager or anything. but i've got that and the brake thing also. that works great b/c it's one of the most stable things on a car and w/o the brakes, it's kinda hard to drive.

Originally posted by Calesta@Feb 11 2003, 09:02 PM
Really good alarm with all the options, Lojack, good insurance policy with all mods declared, no flashy exterior or interior bits... you can go as far as you want, but a thief will still take it if they really want it.  Just take as many precautions as possible to minimize the risk!

:werd: i heard that 95% of cars stolen with Lojack are recovered within 24 hours. i dont think there is much more you can do besides that. you can use one of those "clubs" on the steering wheel too. just seeing it will deter alot of would-be thieves.

you can also put flashing lights in your interior. i saw a civic at mcdonalds the other night that had these flashing blue LED lights in his dash, near the mirrors. it looked pretty trick and pretty much says "this car is armed". the lights reflected in the mirrors as u walked by so it looked like they were coming off the mirrors. trick!

Originally posted by rixXxceboy+Feb 11 2003, 09:07 PM-->
@Feb 11 2003, 09:02 PM
Really good alarm with all the options, Lojack, good insurance policy with all mods declared, no flashy exterior or interior bits... you can go as far as you want, but a thief will still take it if they really want it.  Just take as many precautions as possible to minimize the risk!

:werd: i heard that 95% of cars stolen with Lojack are recovered within 24 hours. i dont think there is much more you can do besides that. you can use one of those "clubs" on the steering wheel too. just seeing it will deter alot of would-be thieves.

you can also put flashing lights in your interior. i saw a civic at mcdonalds the other night that had these flashing blue LED lights in his dash, near the mirrors. it looked pretty trick and pretty much says "this car is armed". the lights reflected in the mirrors as u walked by so it looked like they were coming off the mirrors. trick!

Clubs are easy to get by. Get a saw and cut the steering wheel.

They have something claled powerloc or something another from autoloc, it connects to the starter silenoid, if they cut the line, then they dont start your shit. it requires the keypad to activate it before you can start your car.

Get all options you can on an alarm, everything from parmeter sensors, bump sensors, glass shatter, set the sensitivity really high so the lightest bump sets it off.

They also have some pedal thing they no one has yet to get off and you can't push any of the pedal down with it on, i forget the name of it.

Have a security system like me, my h&k .40 is all i need. :D

see all I do as I have have told domeskilla, is put my 150 lb meat eating bull mastiff next to or even in my over night(garage kept). When they see a dog with a bigger head then they ahve and a spike collar people freak and yes I wouldn't like to see my dog on the other side of the fence man because some dogs are pure protectorate.

Get a good alarm and a sticker that says "This vehicle is equipped with a paging alarm and the owner is equipped with a Ruger .45. Tamper at you peril!" My car hasn't been touched and believe me I will shoot you in your face if I catch you phuckin with my car!!! :angry:

Originally posted by Calesta@Feb 11 2003, 09:02 PM
Really good alarm with all the options, Lojack, good insurance policy with all mods declared, no flashy exterior or interior bits... you can go as far as you want, but a thief will still take it if they really want it. Just take as many precautions as possible to minimize the risk!

dont leave laptops sitting in back seats.

1. get a super heavy duty chain
2. buy a good master lock
3. buy a heavy duty bolt washer and nut
4. drill a hole in your floor on the right hand side of the drivers side floor board
5. find a welder or if you are one slip the bolt through the chain, and put the bolt through the floor board hole, and weld the nut to the bolt.
6. then slang the chain over the steering wheel and use the lock to connect the chain together
there you have it the poor mans club...

Originally posted by HybridRevolution+Feb 11 2003, 10:46 PM-->
@Feb 11 2003, 09:02 PM

dont leave laptops sitting in back seats.

Man, nobody's giving me a break today... shit. Eric- I was one of 5-6 cars in the lot from my company that had laptops in bags (not laptops just laying out) in the back seat. I was just the lucky one that got broken in to. I had the bag dropped down into the footwell too, not just laying on the seat... sheesh. I lost about 5-6k worth there, cut me a fuckin break.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

lol- i think i pissed him off :(

dude- go home from work! you are stressed!
take 2 rounds of ass from the girl, and call me in the morning :lol:

oh, and i forgot to answer.

even with alarms, brakes, etc. there's always the thief with the tow truck. . .

keep a stick of c4 on the passenger seat. when the door opens, start a 30 second countdown on it. that gives him time to run, and never come back.
and when it doesn't blow up- he will realize that it was clay :)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 12 2003, 01:01 AM
dude- go home from work! you are stressed!
take 2 rounds of ass from the girl, and call me in the morning :lol:

I'm ok... just tired of all the crap, no matter what mood I'm in. Still at work though. Being the boss isn't easy... hell when checking on a part issue with one of your operators, then going to pee, and it takes 30 minutes to get back to that same operator 100 feet away because people keep stopping you to talk about things... eh, it's all good, because I love this job.

:D

Girl is 265 miles away.

:(

Originally posted by rixXxceboy+Feb 12 2003, 02:23 AM-->
@Feb 12 2003, 03:03 AM
Girl is 265 miles away.

:(

:( ouch. holy crap man, its past midnite and you're still at work?! damn. mad props to you, dr. mike! :D hope u get to go home soon.

Me too. Getting tired... been up since 8am today, had a 9:30am meeting, and it's looking like I'm not leaving until 3am now. Someone told me about a meeting for tomorrow morning, but I don't remember when or where it was- they don't expect me to be at morning meetings anyway. Oh well. I need the sleeeeeeeeep...

damn :blink: latest i ever worked was til 1am. stay safe on the road when u finally get to go home. drink some mad black coffee or something, if u arent already. drive safe man. peace.

Oh, I'm fine on the driving. It's only 6 miles, and I'm wide awake. Just tired. My body doesn't start to shut down until I hit 72 hours of being awake. I'm finished here... time to go home.

Back