psycodelic trance

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

deranger

DerangedIsAsDerangedDoes
i am writing this to get a feel of what music people are into. for me its psy/ goa all the way, sometimes a bit dnb, i dont realy get into conventional music at all. my fav artists right now are vibe Tribe, hallcinogen, infected mushroom, gms, exaile.
my collection is mostly compilations by varios artists and is:
Alien Safari - wild spirits strong medicine
Andromeda - the remixes
Atomic pulse - Direct Source
Bamboo forest (Not bad)
concord dawn- uprising (uplifting dnb)
Dark soho - Combustion
Eclipse - south africe 2002 (this cd is from eclipse festivool realy cool)
Exaile - Hit the machine (this is a great cd)
fractal glider - digital mandela (so is this)
Gms - no rules (Both gms cds are power psy trance)
Gms - the hits (play this thru your sub and you are shore to break windows)
hallucinogen - in dub
Hallucinogen - lone deranger (can you guess where i got my name from)
hallucinogen - twisted
infected mushroom - converting vegitarians (disc two is realy out there, ilove it)
infected mushroom - im the supervisor
israliens - 2 bizarro
origin (this cd is realy well made and mastered awesome psy trance)
Space tribe - collaborations
Teebee - the legacy
Timecode - the turning
u-reckon - aquatic serenade
vibe tribe - wise cracks (i love this cd)
wildlife
and finally, Spongle - nothing lasts but nothing is lost. this album is awesome.
it is made by the same guy who does hallucinogen simon posford and raja ram (1200 mics). it is by no means ordinary psytrance. the whole cd made of 20 tracks flows from upbeat to totally wierd electronic sounds, it will totally change the way you listen to music, it has sounds of flamenco guitar and flute and a whole range of other sounds mixed in. it isfrom what i can tell the soundscape story of a caterpillars life from birth to butterfly. this cd is not for the faint hearted, but is highly recomended by me.
what sort of music does everyone else like?
can any one recomend some music that i should get?

I would say anything by Infected Mushroom, but you already mentioned that.

Not that I'm "into it" by any means, but I do have Hallucinogen - Twisted and all of Shpongles stuff. 'NLBNIL' is probably Shpongle's weakest album; enjoyable yes, but not like 'Are You Shpongled?' or 'Tales of the Inexpressable'.

And its psychAdelic trance, or psy-trance. Not psycho or crazy-trance.

As far as anything else I have that can come near it would be: Radiohead (kinda close, electronic at least for some), maybe Pink Floyd/King Crimson/Tool (kinda have the deeply involved 7 min+ songs, but prog rock of course), or the other guys on here will recommend some obscure (yeah i said it) electronic artists like Tiesto or whatever the kids like to have playing whether they listen to or hear it or not...

do you enjoy psy trance? what infected shroom cds do you have?
have you seen them live ? i have, they came to perth twice i have seen them once they are fucking awesome

Back