Pulling Codes, Jumping ECU Method

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

khai_tuan_nguyen

I tried jumping the harnesss to pull codes for a 95 HB si with stock harness, p28 ecu with hondata s100. I jumped the wire and the srs light just blinks forever no long blinks, no pauses or anything. It just blinks fast indefinitely. Any ideas what i am doing wrong.

I jumped the blue connector with only 2 pins that has a black and brown wire. It was not connected to anything.

thanks in advance

are you trying to check your ECU for codes or the SRS system?
Becuase they need to be runn seperately. The SRS jumper is under the steering wheel. Looks just like the ECU jumper.

I am trying to get the check engine codes. I jump the harness on the passenger side by the ecu with the key out. Then I jump the 2 pin plug and put the key in and turn to the click just before starting and then the srs light just blinks not the check engine. There is another blue plugby the ecu that is also loose. It has 3 pins and is black, white with red and one other wire i can not remember.

What could I be doing wrong.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 19 2005, 12:46 PM
with hondata, you should use the data logger to check error codes.

Huh? I've never had to use the data logger to check codes.

Originally posted by Calesta+Jul 19 2005, 09:21 PM-->
pissedoffsol

@Jul 19 2005, 12:46 PM
with hondata, you should use the data logger to check error codes.

Huh? I've never had to use the data logger to check codes.
[post=528775]Quoted post[/post]

How do you do it then. The car i am working on just blinks with the srs light rather than the check engine and it just continuously blinks fast, with no pauses or anything. Is there a chance that sensors could be hooked up wrong say check engine and srs?

Back