Question On A "sleeper"

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

T0mMuNi$m

Ok heres my theory, If ANYONE nowadays (including me), saw an import completely riced out, (Aluminum wing, body kit, altezzas, neons, etc.) wouldnt you be led to believe all it would be is a ricer just looking for some attention? Im sure most of the mustang/vette owners would think this. But what if that ricer you thought was all show killed your car. I think i would be more scared of a stock looking civic hb that was just slammed on steelies than i would a riced out anything. So wouldnt the ULTIMATE sleeper be a riced out car?
Just lookin for opinions. :lol:

i dunno, that may be pushin it a little far, but also may be kinda funny though if your makin shit out of some kid and he waxes ur ass.

Hmmm...I dont know. Most of those guys are show with no go. Then again, If domestics got destroyed by both a riced and stock car...They would be surrounded by pain and suffering wouldn't they?

ROFL :lol: i hope so.....but my car is sorta riced out (Black widow body kit, carbon fiber gen 3 altezzas(sry guys), arospeed wing, and 17 in white motegi mr7's) and im doing an H23 swap with turbo and just hopin people will think i only look like a ricer, then kill them :D

:puke: 17" MR7's. They're 24lb's.

My 16"s are way too heavy, but I bought them a while ago when I didn't know anything :blink:

im not worried about the weight......if you have enough power to do low 13-high 12, 24 lbs doesnt matter too much. They are just a great looking rim, and thats why i bought them. I really dont care if my car is rice, i just love the way everything on my car looks. :) nice rims by the way prowler :worthy:

Originally posted by T0mMuNi$m@Feb 5 2003, 12:09 AM
if you have enough power to do low 13-high 12, 24 lbs doesnt matter too much. :

your rims vs any decent light weight rim

24lbs vs 11lbs

difference of 13lbs per rim
4 rims = 52lbs rotational
1lb rotational = 10lbs static
52lbs rotational = 520lbs static

520lbs static = .520 seconds in a 1/4 mile

so "if you have enough power to do low 13-high 12"
you have enough power to 0wn 12's all day if you just upped the cash for some good rims

how bout steelies or gsr rims w/good tires for track, and mr7 for street ?

There are ass loads of show cars with swaps,turbo and n2o,so no a riced out civic isn't going to be anything more than a riced out civic with a swap.Most of those show cars,if they weren't trailer queens would probably haul ass,but they don't get driven,what a waste of a car.But no matter how you cut it,big ass heavy rims,bulky body kits and useless wings aren't going to make the car any more fearful or inconspicious.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Feb 5 2003, 01:54 AM
There are ass loads of show cars with swaps,turbo and n2o,so no a riced out civic isn't going to be anything more than a riced out civic with a swap.Most of those show cars,if they weren't trailer queens would probably haul ass,but they don't get driven,what a waste of a car.But no matter how you cut it,big ass heavy rims,bulky body kits and useless wings aren't going to make the car any more fearful or inconspicious.

I agree.

Although I love the way the car's turning out, I liked my S2000 when it only had wheels and OEM exhaust. Rolling around like that, it caught quite a few unsuspecting domestics off-guard. Now it's much harder to play it off like there's not much done to the car.

Ryan

oh well, i dont care....when someone gets their ass handed to them by my riced out car that IS driven, they will be pissed. Stock looking cars are :ghey: Making my car look good was one of the big reasons i got into hondas. I love the potential they have to look great. Once i went to the track and watched a few times....i was hooked. Being hooked on drag racing didnt make me wanna run home and take off my body kit and throw my steelies back on so i would be .000004 seconds faster in the quarter. My car will look good and be very fast by this summer, so it should be fun.

Originally posted by T0mMuNi$m@Feb 5 2003, 05:51 PM
Stock looking cars are :ghey: Making my car look good was one of the big reasons i got into hondas.

A car can look good without looking retarded and "riced",look at Ryan's s2000 that car ownz and it looks very respectable,we should all be so lucky.A stock clean look is nice,I myself when I start thinking about any body mod's,it's a paint job that isn't a stock color,yet nice or parts off a VTi that are functional or at least styled different,but a big ass dopey looking bodykit is just plain silly and what's the point of huge steal me rims?If you manage to keep them on your car,they are obnoxious.Anyway I have my opinion and everyone here has their's,so off we go. :D

did you just hear what esol_si said? honestly it's not .0000004 seconds.. it's like .5 seconds..

i'm living proof of that

21 lb mille miglias vs 11.5 lb rotas w/ s-03 pole positions

I like the looks and price of my MR7's, but I would definately not buy them again. OZ Chrono's y0 (I'm stealing RYan's)

Originally posted by beau_safken@Feb 4 2003, 11:59 PM
Hmmm...I dont know. Most of those guys are show with no go. Then again, If domestics got destroyed by both a riced and stock car...They would be surrounded by pain and suffering wouldn't they?

I for one, would be embarrased to get spanked by a riceboy. I think what LOOKS good is what PERFORMS good. A pop-riveted aluminum spoiler is weak....there's no aerodynamcs to that downforce.

A set of coilovers or wilwoods peeking out on an otherwise stock car looks great. It says, "I have enough self confidence to spend my money where it counts and don't give a $hit what you think."

My friend swapped a B18b into his 95 Civic and it was sick tight....coilovers, corner balanced, revalved konis, steel brake lines, Civic SI rims: otherwise stock. It was a total sleeper.

Bling also isn't worth the pork factor. You can NOT have a bling car unless you enjoy police harassment.

Just my bullshit $.02 worth. :ph34r:

I know a guy with the shittiest fricking 91 civic hb si ever. it is all black with 30 lb momo's, a frickign rear body kit only, lowered like 2 inches, all black with red civic decal and a red lip under front end, it has a 3a racing schmucks exhaust, and he got a jdm sohc zc motor and yet for some reason no one can pull away from him. We dont' know how his engine works but for some reason he rips the shit out of kids all the time and his car is the gayest in the world, yeah its that bad sounding(pops when you put clutch in) and back fires, and he rips the shit ouf of kids, even a few 5.0s that are mass nice, he gets props for having a gay car with an engine that 0wns for some reason. we dont' know what is in it, but its faster then my car and I have sohc vtec and more mods. explain that to me? no one knows...

yeah there is my .04 cents :blink:

sorry I don't know where to put periods

Hmm...i still think the ultimate sleeper is a well-tuned Galant vr4. :D

Drives like an Evo, but looks like a family car.

Back