Questions About Nitrous Oxide

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93civicracer

Oh, I do a little here and there.
Didn't know where to post this so I put it here.

Anyway, I want to buy the NX throttle switch activated import stage 1 nitrous oxide kit (Adjustable from 35-50-75 WHP) for my '93 Civic. Here's the link to the product: Honda Civic Nitrous Express Import EFI Stage 1 Nitrous System at PRO Civic.com .

At the bottom it says for a 50 shot you should buy 2-step colder Iridium spark plugs and upgrade ignition, for a 75 shot that you need the plugs, "definitely upgraded ignition and plug wires", retard ignition timing by 2 degrees, and possibly a stronger clutch. Does anyone know for sure or have any experience with nitrous on a pretty much stock (intake, header, exhaust) D-series and know what else I should get to run a 75 shot if anything?

I'm not planning on using it a WHOLE lot, just when I get really pissed and need to relieve stress or occasionally to have fun and surprize mustang owners :).

Oh by the way, do flames really come out of the exhaust like in the movies? Haha that's a serious question I've never actually used nitrous.

nitrous is the way to go. super easy to hook up. id up grade exhaust and intake cuz ull need to anyway for the for the jet to screw in. i havent seen a fireball yet from nitrous. ive just heard backfires alot.

if your not running a cat,then yes flames will shoot out,but it wont be a steady stream like that..its just a fireball..also you def. need to run colder plugs with any nitrous application..if i was you i would start small(65) just to be sure itll be ok
def. retard the timing,and get bigger plug wires for better spark

also dont get NX get the ZEX its cheaper and is more safe,the zex control box works awesome

:withstupid: Def go with a Zex system. It's the safest system on the market with the its management system that regulates the amount of nitrous and fuel to inject so that its not to lean or to rich, and I would start off with the 55hp shot and eventually work it up to 75. Also Zex sells plugs for like $25, get em. As far as extras: Purge kit, bottle guage, bottle warmer, and if you got some extra dough, a regulator. O and dont order directly from Zex they charge a lot more ^_^
Ebay: eBay Motors: ZEX MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE "WET" NITROUS KIT 55-75 #82021 (item 140249529453 end time Oct-12-08 08:10:34 PDT)

Back