Racing Gas 110

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

iu was just wondering if i can run 110 oct on stock internals just wondering thanks

thats overkill like crazy ... also is it leaded or unleaded?
the most id say to bother with without serious mods would be 100 unleaded

well 110 is all i can find around here but im not going to cause and damage with something that high?

The highest unleaded octain available is 108. Anything above that is leaded. You can run 110/C10 as long as you don't have a cat. If you do, the lead will fuck it up.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Apr 7 2003, 07:48 PM
is it leaded or unleaded?

^^^^^^
also id just run a mix
if its leaded id say dont run it... but you could get away with a gallon or 2 in a full tank (10-20% mix)
for unleaded you could do a 50% mix or more...
its not going to make that much of a difference though

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Apr 7 2003, 06:50 PM
yea seriously, you can, but you wont gain anything from it

that explans it all

my friend told me he runed that nos octane and he said he gained
notthing from it. also that he heard it fucked up another homeboys
engine after he told me. :eek:

Originally posted by illegal_crx@Apr 9 2003, 10:57 PM

Octane boost do jack shit, maybe rasie the octane from 93 to 93.1 or so. Also, you will not really see any gains with higher octane and you could actually do more harm then good. The only time you should use a higher octane gas is when you raise compression, add a turbo, or are having engine knock. Engines use the volitility of the gas to ignite the fuel as well as the spark plug. When you increase the octane, the gas is less volitile making the spark plug do more of the work. This mean that not all the gas gets burned. Then you can have some engines having smaller explosions then others making a power imballance.

Originally posted by WhItE90CRX@Apr 9 2003, 09:43 PM
Yea leaded race gas kills cats and o2 sensors so you might wanna take those out if you wanna run any leaded gas :/

the ECU looks for the O2 sensor and makes adjustments acordingly
if you remove the O2 sensor its not going to run right at all
the ECU will go into "limp mode" and your performance will go straight down the toilet

Originally posted by asmallsol@Apr 9 2003, 11:17 PM
. Engines use the volitility of the gas to ignite the fuel as well as the spark plug. When you increase the octane, the gas is less volitile making the spark plug do more of the work. This mean that not all the gas gets burned. Then you can have some engines having smaller explosions then others making a power imballance.

so what do you add to your fuel so it could burn faster?

if you get a ugraded ignition like msd 6al you will burn all
the fuel make the octane work or no?

Originally posted by asmallsol+Apr 9 2003, 11:17 PM-->
illegal_crx
@Apr 9 2003, 10:57 PM

Octane boost do jack shit, maybe rasie the octane from 93 to 93.1 or so. Also, you will not really see any gains with higher octane and you could actually do more harm then good. The only time you should use a higher octane gas is when you raise compression, add a turbo, or are having engine knock. Engines use the volitility of the gas to ignite the fuel as well as the spark plug. When you increase the octane, the gas is less volitile making the spark plug do more of the work. This mean that not all the gas gets burned. Then you can have some engines having smaller explosions then others making a power imballance.

yeah, a buddy of mine explained it well. The difference between lower octane and higher octane is how it ignites.

Lower octane - BOOOM
Higher octane - BBBOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM

More of a longer cleaner burn.

BUT....

is it true about octane booster being bad. I have higher compression and my engine knocks like my mother in law knocks on my door.

Originally posted by luVTEC@Apr 10 2003, 04:24 AM
No

lol- good answer :)

let me take that a step further.

Octane, by definition, its the ability to RESIST detonation (both post and pre). the higher the number, the better it is at resisting. when you ahve a lot of power, such as 20 psi on a t88 at 12:1 compression motor, you need turbo blue or something to help resist detonation. also, water injection helps this as well

Originally posted by randerson165@Apr 10 2003, 02:30 AM
I have higher compression and my engine knocks like my mother in law knocks on my door.

99 Civic Ex, Intake, ZC Pistons, AEM Fuel Rail, Skunk2 Cam Gear, Trick Head Work, Short Shifter, Pushing 150 HP

is this the setup your talking about??
im pretty sure that puts you somewhere in the mid 11.#:1 CR area (depending on what your calling head work... was it shaved?)
that should be fine with 93 octane

what are you using for gas?

I'm using 92 octane !!! I don't have access to any higher. But my engine knocks, and I mean KNOCKS. Not to mention that I think I have a blown head gasket !!! I would like to beat up the guy that worked on my car....I think my head gasket is blown because my head was machine twice and they took too much off.

i dont think your getting knocking from pre-detination
92 is plenty high enough for your engine
id say your problem is elsewhere

valves?
berrings?
etc...

Back