Racing seats

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yeah, SCC gave them a pretty good review.
two more q's about them

1. whats your and your roomies waist size, casue im only a 32, so i want to make sure they wont be too loose.

2. are the harness holders above your shoulders? cause if they arent and you have 4-pts and dont have a harness bar, they can compress your spine and kill you, so i would kind of like that to NOT happen.

Originally posted by GSRTURBO@Apr 7 2004, 08:39 PM
what about DAD seats, anyone try/have those?

the pair i saw seemed pretty cheep and cheesy

i dunno havent really heard either way on them

Best bang for the least buck = Miata seats, 50 bucks a pair, is damn cheap. However to install them in a civic you much have some fabricating skills, it is not a simple bolt in procedure. I will post a write up soon.

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@Apr 7 2004, 08:30 PM
yeah, SCC gave them a pretty good review.
two more q's about them

1. whats your and your roomies waist size, casue im only a 32, so i want to make sure they wont be too loose.

2. are the harness holders above your shoulders? cause if they arent and you have 4-pts and dont have a harness bar, they can compress your spine and kill you, so i would kind of like that to NOT happen.

1. I'm a 31 and he's a 34.
2. They're right at my shoulders- harness belts would go straight across. Get a bar anyway.

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@Apr 8 2004, 02:30 AM

When the belts are mounted low in the back, like to the rear lap belt locations as most people do, that's what cause the spinal comression when you are in a wreck, and the seat gives out. If your shoulders are an inch or two above the holes, and you have them mounted correctly at inbetween a 10 degree angle, the worse I would think you'd sustain is some serious bruising, or at worst a snapped collar bone (or both).

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy+Apr 8 2004, 03:04 AM-->
Originally posted by E_SolSi@Apr 7 2004, 11:56 PM
GSRTURBO
@Apr 7 2004, 08:39 PM
what about DAD seats, anyone try/have those?

the pair i saw seemed pretty cheep and cheesy

i dunno havent really heard either way on them

those seats are wayyy to cheap to be good.

I have a set of DAD in my CRX, got them used for $350. Sticker on them was $550 at the time, then something went wrong at DAD and now everyone and their mother is clearing out.

The DAD is beefy as hell, but it weighs the same as a factory seat. The bolsters are very strong, but the fabric is flimsy. They pill badly.

Look around man, even in the "Vendor's corner" of HS. There is a guy there offering some damn good prices.

-> Steve

aav.sized.jpg

By the way, the Corbeau TRS seats work fine with your stock seat belts. If you can't afford the harness bars and you're just going to drive the car on the street, stick to your stock belts.

hmm...i was starting to think. and my mind is mostly made up on a pair of seats, but im also really temped to get 1 bride seat and 1 Takata harness, and leave the passenger seat stock instad of 2 Corbeau Seats and Harnesses.

what do you think??

hmmm... thats a decent idea right there. But the asymmetry would drive me crazy. If you really want a seat, you could just save for the next one and buy it later

yeah, i get pretty OCD about symmetry, thats why i got my labret pierced instead of my eyebrow, kept the symmetry the same.

but if i was in a Bride Bucket with a takata harness, i think i could stick it out.

one of these
brideZETA.jpg
with one of these
takata_4pt.jpg

OR

2 of these
TRS_black_cloth.jpg
with 2 of these
belt-black.jpg

Get the Corbeaus, no need to drive yourself crazy, with some expensive halfway done stuff.

hmm.....i just got to thinkin, what if i got the Corbeau Seats, with teh Takata harnesses????

only downside to the takatas is the price, $390 a piece. but then again, i did some research and takata makes OEM belts for a # of manufacturers, so if their OEM 3pts are good enough to be standard on many cars, then their 4pt race applications are gonna be bomb diggidty.

theres at least 5 other harnesses that i would get before i wasted $400 on the takatas

you will get just as good of a harness elsewhere for probly half the money

but they wont be mAdD JDM y0!!!1!!

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Apr 9 2004, 07:16 PM
but they wont be mAdD JDM y0!!!1!!

But D4w6 7#3y r j|)/\/\ Gr33n!!!

In all seriousness though, they are good harness, but you can find them for around 250-300 if you look around, still pricey.

I'd get the Corbeau seats and a pair of Schroth harnesses for about $150 each. Schroth = DOT legal too.

Back