Racing seats

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

By the way, Schroth is the only brand of hardness that BMW will sell at the dealer installed in a BMW. It's good shit.

spending more than 200$ on harnesses is like rice to me. The other ones hold you in just as well :p

i like the corbeau legacy's. i read the SCC seat review too, and they were the best fit for my waist size, and looked the best. plus they were reclineable. i dont know your waist size but thats what they listed the seats with. they reviewed each seat with 4 different waist sizes and wrote out which ones worked the best for each size.

if you want a decent knockoff sparco, try the Summit racing seats. they are 199 apiece and when i sat in it, it seemed plenty comfy for road trips

werd

i came to the realization that even though Takatas are mad tight JDM, they are kinda pointless, so ill probablly just get corbeau belts to match the seats.

when i finally get some sort of seat, it will be a Sparco Fighter or Fighter2. they are the most comfy fixed back seats i have ever tested.

something about having a fixed back seat just seems safer

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy+Apr 19 2004, 10:31 PM-->
i came to the realization that even though Takatas are mad tight JDM, they are kinda pointless, so ill probablly just get corbeau belts to match the seats.

Yup. The Corbeau belts are just as good, and much cheaper. If you want DOT certification though, get the Schroth belts. They're extremely good, and still half the price of the Takatas. 92b16vx has a pair for sale in the Classifieds somewhere. I'd pick them up, but I don't have the cash right now, and I can't use them in red and still stay "sleeper" with the sedan.

Sobe_Death
@Apr 19 2004, 11:32 PM
when i finally get some sort of seat, it will be a Sparco Fighter or Fighter2. they are the most comfy fixed back seats i have ever tested.

something about having a fixed back seat just seems safer

Yes, fixed is generally safer because there's no joint- but then they can't collapse and let you avoid the roof in a rollover either. If you're going for a fixed seat, something with FIA certification has to meet quite a few safety standards to be FIA track legal, so the FIA stamp is always something to look for. My Corbeau Forzas are FIA approved, as are most Sparco and other good brand fixed back seats out there. No reclinable seats are FIA approved, but that doesn't mean that they're not safe either. Just go with one of the big name brands and not some knockoff APC, Nex, or whatever cheapo seats and you'll be fine.

yeah, FIA certification=the shizzle!!!! i say if its safe for rally drivers and formula drivers, give it here. im just so surprised that the SCCA and NASA are just now starting to recognize FIA standards as meeting their own standards, most of the time exceeding them greatly, and they are starting to let their club racers use them in their cars.

That's what forums are good for... this is a perfect example of how forums should be, instead of going off topic and/or people bitching at each other all the time.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Now back on topic!

:angry: :p :lol:

so my Q with FIA legality, does that mean if i get a reclinable seat, i wont beable to do SCCA roadracing/autocross???

do you have to have a fixed back seat for that?

I'm not sure where FIA rules have to be followed. You don't need FIA approved seats to autocross with the SCCA, but you might need them if you're doing door to door competitive racing. I've never been to any solo events where you have to have FIA approved seats.

Back