Racing seats

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Slammed90Lude

what does everyone recommend? i would really not like to spend more than 500 on two seats- but that's more of a guideline and less of a rule set in stone- just want to hear some opinions

Look for some cheap Recaros or Corbeu. You could try finding some Sandtlers also.

best bang for the buck IMO = Corbeau

or if you are looking for a full out no bullshit RACE SEAT look into Kirkey

yes I also have the nex racing seats...there coming up on year 2 and car #3 the first car they were in was t-boned so they survived that.

sport compact did a review on racing seats and the nex seats are the lightest and best priced of them all i would go with black or the new grey or they may look ricey though

werd- i was looking at the corbeau forza's though, and they are about 220 a piece- They are fixed but they look like a real nice set for the price, i might go with those considering i really don't wanna spend 700 bills plus shipping on seats

I almost bought some fixed Recaros, then my friend talked some sense into me. Sure track only who cares, but in a daily driver? Come on, if you like to sit higher or lower than they do, you're fucked. I like adjusting especially on a long trip, I have to lean it forward, can't have your lean on at 120.

Originally posted by 92b16vx
I almost bought some fixed Recaros, then my friend talked some sense into me. Sure track only who cares, but in a daily driver? Come on, if you like to sit higher or lower than they do, you're fucked. I like adjusting especially on a long trip, I have to lean it forward, can't have your lean on at 120

Yeah you're right john- the lower price tag appealed to me, but this car will be a daily driver first and a track car recond- I guess i'll have to shell out the money for the reclineables then- it's gonna have to wait a couple weeks- It's just that the fixed buckets look a ton safer and more supportive- :shrug2:

my friend found a site with seats for under 200 a piece, only like 150, like sparco knock offs, but they are real nice looking

pm me if you want me to find out the site from him

Not making any accusations about any of the inexpensive seats mind you, but I could take cardboard, foam, and some cloth and make a great "looking" seat. Anyway, when it comes to safety quality is job one, and you get what you pay for.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Apr 4 2004, 03:26 PM
Not making any accusations about any of the inexpensive seats mind you, but I could take cardboard, foam, and some cloth and make a great "looking" seat. Anyway, when it comes to safety quality is job one, and you get what you pay for.

:werd: like a motherfucker

seats are VERY a important part of your safety
i would NEVER skimp out on safety equipment
most of those "budget seats" are not tested to the same safety standards as the OEM seats
most would not come close to passing if they were tested

when you buy cheap seats, that is exactly what you get.... CHEAP seats

and this is why sparco can continue to charge $1000 and up for a pair of seats...

to each their own i guess...
i prefer oem honda prelude seats to just about any aftermarket seat out there...

i couldnt buy a seat without sitting in it first, it just wouldnt work. i mean, if im gonna be buying seats, for 300 a piece they better fit very well.

yeah i agree- but it's hard to try a lot of these seats out- the only ones i've gotten to sit in were the 150 dollar piece of garbage pep boys seats :thumbsdown: x 5000

i read the SCC seat review and the sparco speeds had great fit on sizes 28 to 34. and the speeds are only $250 a piece.

Back