rack and pinion reviews

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

m90polk

So my rack on my 2000 coupe is leaking bad out the drivers side bellow, went to change the drivers side outter tie rod and the boot basically was full of power steering fluid so just to make sure that was the problem i refilled the reservoir and within a couple hours it pissed it all out. So i need a new rack and pinion, lookex at autozone and they have them decently priced but man idk durlast has a lifetime warranty for a reason because they blow at everything they make....i was able to find a site called Rack and Pinion - rack and pinion steering - rack and pinion remanufacturing - rack and pinion manufacturers - Rack Doctor, just wondering if anyone has any reviews regarding this site. Or where have you gone to buy a rack....no im not going to junkyard cuz most have been sitting for 5-10 years so the seals i dont trust them. Any input is appreciated.

i have replaced steering racks in all types of cars dude... i replaced a worn out one in my white integra at about 100,000 miles. i went with a decent used one. no idea how many miles it had on it, it went to 180,000 miles without any leaks or issues... i replaced a the rack in my 95 civic 4 door with a rebuilt one.... it lasted a whopping six months... then the leaks started.. got it waranteed out... lasted two months... returned it for a full refund, bought a used one (for an integra) had it in the car for another four years before i sold it... if you go with a rebuilt rack, it will have shitty seals... it wont last very long... they never do... i would go with a good used one. especially for a honda.... just my two cents...

i have replaced steering racks in all types of cars dude... i replaced a worn out one in my white integra at about 100,000 miles. i went with a decent used one. no idea how many miles it had on it, it went to 180,000 miles without any leaks or issues... i replaced a the rack in my 95 civic 4 door with a rebuilt one.... it lasted a whopping six months... then the leaks started.. got it waranteed out... lasted two months... returned it for a full refund, bought a used one (for an integra) had it in the car for another four years before i sold it... if you go with a rebuilt rack, it will have shitty seals... it wont last very long... they never do... i would go with a good used one. especially for a honda.... just my two cents...

Where did you purchase the rebuilt one from, i looked up reviews for this site and it was mostly people with bmw`s who purchase from this site but their reviews were all positive just wondering if anyone else has reviews to

I went with a run of the mill napa rebuilt one...

Back