Rear disc brake conversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Scorpin

I have an opportunity to buy a rear disc brake set up from a 96 EX, cables, everything except the master cylinder. I just need to know if the rear disc brakes from the 96 EX will work with my 94 DX, and what else if anything would I need to get beside the master cylinder. Do you think I should upgrade to a vtec engine also, My girl drives this most of the time, and isn't into the power like I am. With me the faster if goes the better. Hence the reason I drive a Eagle Talon TSI AWD.

Thanks

Last edited:
the rear disc brakes will bolt right up to your chassis, you don't need to put in a new master cyl, all you need is the rear suspension (complete) from the 96 ex, the e-brake cables and the brake hoses from the 96, you don't need a master cyl or anything else.

You don't NEED the bigger master cylinder, but it is recommended. Look for the 4040 proportioning valve too so you get the correct front/rear brake force split.

Uhh, the 96 EX never came with rear disk brakes.

They might have been swapped from a 99-00 Si.

Uhh, the 96 EX never came with rear disk brakes.

They might have been swapped from a 99-00 Si.

Thats what i was thinking. If you haven't already, its a good thing to get new pads/rotors as well. And yes you do not NEED the master cylinder, but its strongly encouraged to get the proportioning valve. although i have seen some rear disc swaps go without them.

Thats what i was thinking. If you haven't already, its a good thing to get new pads/rotors as well. And yes you do not NEED the master cylinder, but its strongly encouraged to get the proportioning valve. although i have seen some rear disc swaps go without them.

the rear dicks from 96+ will not just bolt up. IIRC correctly the trailing arm is longer in the eks then the eg. if you can get rear disk from a integra they have the same parts and almost everything is interchangable and it bolts right up with no modifications

True dat! I'm livin proof, i own a 96 ex coupe and I'm stuck with those hiddeous DRUMS! I also heard any 94-01 integra rear discs will bolt up.Anyone know where to get'um cheap?

i don't think integra rear disk setups will work on a 96 ex either, the trailing arms on the 94-01 integra are identical to an EG, except the itr's. so if the trailing arm on an EK is slightly longer, the integra's won't work either.

ok i have some stuff and i need to know for sure. i have a 93 civic dx and i have the rear trailing arms and upper and lower control arms from a 92 intergra and also the wheel bearing hub assembly. do i just need to swap the disc hub on to the civic trailing arms, or do i need to swap the trailing arms also form the integra ?? someone please help !!! also i dont have axcess to a dc integra so that is out of the question.

also a side note what about the front brakes will swap from a 92 integra to a 93 civic dx ???

the rear dicks from 96+ will not just bolt up. IIRC correctly the trailing arm is longer in the eks then the eg. if you can get rear disk from a integra they have the same parts and almost everything is interchangable and it bolts right up with no modifications

I thought the trailing arms were the same length but the lower control arms (LCA) were longer in the EK (compared to an EG).

hey guys i have the brake conversion in my 99 dx coupe
i used 94-00 teg rear end and bought a nice set of billet lower control arm my stock would of worked but i got the new ones anyway and yes the lower control arms from the teg are shorter so you have to switch them for the civic's arms
everything else is a direct fit one thing i didn't do was anything to the master cylinder
my braking is working fine and trust me i drive the car hard
but thats on you if you want to do it

o-yeah almost forgot be ready to go to the parts store for new bolts they lock up and brake off in the bushings not a fun thing to mess with

i just got a 96 civic coupe HX i think, i have a 1990 integra that i'm parting out, will the rear brake set up on the integra go onto the civic? or does it need to be from a 94-00 integra?

lol.

My '00 civic ej8 (ex) i converted for rear disk uses the 90 integra rear spindles and calipers. the trailing arms dont bolt right up but they're old and shitty compared to my 2000's.

k so did you use those arms off the 90 teg or the original one from ur car?

Back