Reason #1 why california sucks...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

That's awesome.

Glad I am moving back to Texas, where modifying is almost required :)

lol wow thats some hardcore fucking bullshit

:thumbsdown:

California has been pushing this, but they haven't got it near approval. The policing alone would be too much.

Outside of import modification (Or "Driving while Asian") California is focusing more on it's offroaders than its import drivers. When they get done with the offroader legislation, they'll turn their eyes to modders.

the 4Runner boards were aflame a year ago when California set the maximum height of headlights to below a STOCK 1984-1989 Toyota truck. There are still plenty of Toyota trucks in California.

We should all hate California - It's the center of political oppression in the US.

-> Steve

so how soon is cali going to break off from the us and float away? i mean i am on the other side of the country but i dont want that cancer of a state to spread over here

thank god i live in the middle of nowhere where my exhaust test is a visual for a muffler lol :p

Become active in these issues right now for your state. There are several PA state lobbies out there for this. Check with your local offroading clubs for the organizations to talk to. Like I said, if you start with the freespace and ATV (Offroad) issues, you're nipping the situation in the bud.

Also, become part of the groups now. Stand strong with some local clubs (small time honda cruisers don't do it) so check out some of the classic car clubs and things like that.

And while you're at it, sign up to protect gun rights too. :)

how to look out for what they believe to be tell-tale signs of illegal modification such as window tinting, large spoilers, extra gauges or racing stickers

because we all know that a stickered up car is the fastest car in the universe...

omg, if they started pulling people over for having tints and stickers here, they would have to arrest almost everyone. let alone loud ass fart cans... :shocker:

Everything I've driven for the past 10 years is illegal in California. Humph.

No ... Well.. yeah the CRX has a supertrapp. It would be great if every modded car owner could just suddenly converge on California until the law was revoked. Camping, staying at hotels...

But then paying $3 for a gallon of gas would drive us poor, and the state economy out the roof.

That article was written specifically to piss people like us off. Look at how they put things.

Oh well, I live in TX, and if I wanted to dump headers out of the side of my rex i could.. Sure there are laws against it, but noone gives a damn. Not even the inspection people.

My car is legal anyway...

I did have a 93 S-10 with true dual exhaust, and NO cats.. Passed inspection all 3 years that I owned it. It even had a K&N velocity stack intake that stuck up into the cowl induction hood. It had "off road use only" stamped into it. Still passed.

One good thing about tx, I suppose.

I love emissions laws. It keeps engineers and hobbyist on their toes. Anyone can make power with a smoke belching shitbox, If you can make power in a neat and well presented package, you're good.

True story, a buddy of mine from 1320 performance in sac has his car impounded for failing State emmission test after a citation of none CARB/BAR approved parts. I myself gotten in trouble for a free flow cat, but my motor and parts are state reffed and carb free. 650 bucks for no cat and 40 hours of community service to cleaning up a dump spill. my cousins friends car got impounded right away for a stolen motor, tranny, and a swithced licensed plate. california is the worst state to have a modified honda, but realize that the best racers are from here.

I get emissions laws but pulling people over for having tinted windows is just teh ghey. Washington is trying to get the ball rolling on some Cali style emisions. I belive spokane county requires your car to get smoged when your tabs expire. But I dont have to worry about that.

And about sihatback your cousins friend getting his car inpounded maybe it was because his stuff was stolen and had diffrent plates? Or is there more to the story.

Originally posted by sihatchback_RL@Aug 14 2005, 07:03 AM
my cousins friends car got impounded right away for a stolen motor, tranny, and a swithced licensed plate. california is the worst state to have a modified honda,
[post=539810]Quoted post[/post]​

Yea, I don't think that has ANYTHING to do with California. Pretty sure that wouldn't fly in ANY state there guy. I hope he did time too.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Aug 14 2005, 05:43 AM-->
sihatchback_RL
@Aug 14 2005, 07:03 AM
my cousins friends car got impounded right away for a stolen motor, tranny, and a swithced licensed plate. california is the worst state to have a modified honda,

Yea, I don't think that has ANYTHING to do with California. Pretty sure that wouldn't fly in ANY state there guy. I hope he did time too.
[post=539851]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid:

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Aug 14 2005, 06:43 AM-->
sihatchback_RL
@Aug 14 2005, 07:03 AM

[post=539851]Quoted post[/post]​

+1. your friend is an idiot, and he is only feeding to the ongoing problem and label that people put on honda owners. And please dont say that he didnt know it... <_<

FIRST OF ALL, this fag ain't my friend, it's my cousins friend, SECOND, he's riding with my CTR rear lip and think that i didn't know he stole it from my previous hatch. and worst of all he switched his plate because he was a gang banger of the Oriental Pasi Boys, and his car has been snitched out to a drive by shooting in Oak park, Sac.

Back