reason #15468456 thw world hates america

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I especially like how that bitch said we(america) lets canada exist on the same continent. What a douche.

I hate to say it, but america will fall sooner or later. Just look at all the empires before us. Rome, Britain, Greece all fell because the tyrants/kings got too power hungry and fucked themselves.

Its really a shame the arrogance America has.

A shame? Maybe to some people.

Tucker Carlson is a twat, he is plain and simple, a moron, but two people opinions is hardly a reason to hate a place, not too mention it's kind of cool that they can say what they want, as can you without ending up in prison huh? Now get back to your dogsleds.

:concur:

i dont really agree with what they said (maybe some of it... but not the overall statement)... but thats the kickass thing about free speech... they have the right to say it... we have the right to call them fucking idiots for saying it
cool huh?

I dont think its about free speech, the issue is with the number of people who think and talk with that arrogance. people in other countries hear it and hate all americans in general for it even though it doesnt reflect the attitudes of many americans. 2 ppl said it on tv, but i'm sure those arent the only 2 ppl to think like that.

And about america falling off, its bound to happen, i dont know if it'll even happen in my lifetime but its inevitable.

If you guys think America is arrogant, try hanging out with some Bavarians, you have NO idea. Other countries are just as arrogant as any American, hating on Americans is a fad favored mostly by Americans. You know what the difference is? You can watch it on TV. Check out a German show of this caliber, it's the same damn thing. You think the French aren't arrogant, hell they are the most arrogant motherfuckers on the planet!!! Hating on America because you or your country is "sooo" much better is guess what? ARROGANT!!!!

Back on your dogsled.

EDIT: Blanco, I live in Europe, and guess what? I have yet to meet anyone under the age of 30, that would not LOVE to move to the United States.

for the record, Canada is a very active participant in the Nuclear Missile shield over North America - And Canada had a very large part to do with the formation of NORAD.

Canada has a fantastic Navy.

Canada's air superiority program is something that legends are made of. Canada could very well be on top of their game in defense and military if the conservative Canadian parliament didn't scratch their jet programs (Remember, kids - Conservative Canadian government and Conservative US Government are totally different)

-> Steve

Originally posted by EGProject@Jul 18 2005, 08:52 AM
The world hates America because they want what we have.

Bitches.

:p
[post=527905]Quoted post[/post]​

Arrogant...?

...no, rather, "true".

When you're on the top of the pile and everyone else is below you, you're hated. We're hated by uneducated people in third world nations that wouldn't even have a pot to piss in, if it weren't for American monetary and military support.

"Oh but they liked how they were living, why do we have to impress our opinion and attitude on these people?" is always the argument put forth by the unrealistic peoples I call tree huggers.

And the answer to that question is, "They liked when they were starving? They liked when they were beaten, assaulted, and killed by their governments tyrannical military? They liked being killed in mass numbers by being gased? They like the government robbing them blindly? No they didn't, but when we come into town on our high horses and try to help foreign nations from the oppression that they're suffering what do most do? Hate. And why do most hate? Most hate because they're uneducated and its one of the few barbaric emotions they possess, they hate that which they do not understand. Its that drunken moron that keeps falling and you being the "nice" guy, pick him up and then he pushes you away and spits in your face because he doesn't know any better.

To not think you are arrogant is arrogance in itself, my 2 cents. Its human nature to think your superior.

If you want a Canadian view on this (I didn't watch the clip yet, this is just based on the posts), Americans lost their global credibility after the Vietnam war. Take battles like Mi Lai for instance.....US troops to find viet-cong in small village, find nothing at all except women, children, elderly, totally peacefull people caught in a world of shit. US troops get frustrated they found nothing, slaughtered the entire village and set it a-blaze. I mean, how is the rest of the world going to trust a nation that pulls this kind of shit? When US troops returned home, US spectators were waiting for them, throwing rotten fruit and spitting on their so called "heros". This is one iscolated incident out of many the US has been proven responsible for over the years, not to mention the thousands of "claimed" incidences that have yet to be proven, not by lack of evidence, but because of destroyed federal documents creating gaps in evidence.

The Gulf war and the struggle for Oil dominance dug the grave deeper for the US. The new "war on terrorism" seconds this notion. Now, many innocent US citizens lost their lives in the 9/11 tradegies, and many US troops overseas lost their lives defending their country, all which are exactly that, tradegies, shouldn't have happened and so amazingly sad. But the US's retaliation to this is to force democracy and Christianity on a un-willing and un-wanting nation? rediculous. These are a few of thousands of reasons why the US is hated around the world. And the reasons I stated are the really really obvious ones too.

I love all the Americans I've met (for the most part), and frankly, it's not the citizens fault for the world's bleak view of the US. It's the US government and their mind boggling way of business. It just goes to show that a very real form of neo-Macarthyism is still very alive in the US government today. The US will continue to appose and search out those who dont share their view of an ideal, christian society, and will demonize them to the rest of the world, using the most powerful media machine known to man.

Now I know the US has led many peace efforts, and is responsible for the saving of unimagineable numbers of people, but the world is a not so forgiving place. Myself, as a Canadian, don't really care. The US can do whatever it wants, just keep it to yourselves, and unless the intentions are truly nobel (as the war on terrorism is NOT, hence no Canadian support), we will continue to play peace keeping roles in global military movements.

Just know that I love you guys, all my US brothers, but I hate your government and everything it stands for....so does everything else, and believe me, it's not jealousy.

You're opinion is beginning to smell here damn canuck, eh! :p :p

Every nation has committed gross atrocities. Don't tell me because of an incident in Vietnam or because of the current instances of abuse to POWs is a reason why the "world hates Americans". Educated people understand that these things shouldn't happen, but that virtually every nation has its dark secrets. Hell, when this current thing broke about US troops treating POWs not exactly according to the Genieva Convention the world roared for the first time at the thought that Americans would do such a thing, when people should know damn well that their nation probably has done the same thing in the past. Its war, dirty things happen.

People hating the United States government for their business view points? I'm sure some do, but the thought of this is laughable, considering the American dollar is what funds most markets. Without the United States many countries wouldn't have that pot that I was talking about, to piss in.

I think as a whole, people have zero clue whats going on politically and hate without reason. Americans hate the illegals that come into the country, illegals love the work they get but hate those damn lazy Americans. The British hate those damn French froggies, and the french hate those damn limeys. The middle east hates each other, we hate the middle east, the middle east hates us.

There's always going to be hate because people don't know any better way to channel their energy. Its sad. People just need to grow up, do their own thing and not worry about everyone else. They're like little friggin kids bickering about bullshit.

But the US's retaliation to this is to force democracy and Christianity on a un-willing and un-wanting nation?

For the record, we are not forcing christianity on anyone, especially the middle east. As a matter of fact, we can not even mail christian religous materials, such as the little weeklys that they hand out, to troops over there. The only people allowed to carry them there are Chaplins. There is no mixing of christianity with the goods and services we are handing out over in the middle east....just for the record.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Jul 18 2005, 10:59 AM
You're opinion is beginning to smell here damn canuck, eh! :p :p

Every nation has committed gross atrocities. Don't tell me because of an incident in Vietnam or because of the current instances of abuse to POWs is a reason why the "world hates Americans". Educated people understand that these things shouldn't happen, but that virtually every nation has its dark secrets. Hell, when this current thing broke about US troops treating POWs not exactly according to the Genieva Convention the world roared for the first time at the thought that Americans would do such a thing, when people should know damn well that their nation probably has done the same thing in the past. Its war, dirty things happen.

People hating the United States government for their business view points? I'm sure some do, but the thought of this is laughable, considering the American dollar is what funds most markets. Without the United States many countries wouldn't have that pot that I was talking about, to piss in.

I think as a whole, people have zero clue whats going on politically and hate without reason. Americans hate the illegals that come into the country, illegals love the work they get but hate those damn lazy Americans. The British hate those damn French froggies, and the french hate those damn limeys. The middle east hates each other, we hate the middle east, the middle east hates us.

There's always going to be hate because people don't know any better way to channel their energy. Its sad. People just need to grow up, do their own thing and not worry about everyone else. They're like little friggin kids bickering about bullshit.
[post=527957]Quoted post[/post]​

uhmmmmmmmmmmmmm :werd: :withstupid:

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jul 18 2005, 11:00 AM
But the US's retaliation to this is to force democracy and Christianity on a un-willing and un-wanting nation?

For the record, we are not forcing christianity on anyone, especially the middle east. As a matter of fact, we can not even mail christian religous materials, such as the little weeklys that they hand out, to troops over there. The only people allowed to carry them there are Chaplins. There is no mixing of christianity with the goods and services we are handing out over in the middle east....just for the record.
[post=527959]Quoted post[/post]​

This is a view point that many people take on, even if its ill founded. I'm the last person to defend religion, being non religious myself, other then I do believe that people should respect one anothers beliefs and that its disrespectful to speak ill of religion whether you're religious or not.

Will that said, I think that many think that this is a Christian dominant movement to take over the world when in truth the number of christians in the United States is dwindling. People act as if the entire US government is composed of greedy christians that are going to force their religion on others when its simply not true. You're not penalized by the government for not practicing christianity or for practicing another religion for that matter, I know because I've never been discriminated against by the government for not practicing a religion. Have mindless other people said things? Yes, but the government cannot control that. Fact is the government isn't pushing religion on anyone, any more so than the largest group of votes, the majority, wants it to. If you're the minority and don't like the way that the majority if voting, well thats just too bad because thats how democracy works. Its no ones fault that the masses want one thing or another and you may not agree with it. Organize, rally, and gain support and then perhaps you can get your way. Otherwise you have nothing to complain about.

Also for the record, the nation isn't unwilling and unwanting. A small group of people that runs the nation is unwilling and unwanting. They don't want to lose their power. What do the people want? Well I don't think that most there are educated enough over there to know what the hell they want. They're used to being controlled from birth, most aren't free thinkers.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Jul 18 2005, 11:59 AM
[post=527957]Quoted post[/post]​

its just a god damn hate fest going on, isnt it. i hate you, you hate me, we hate eachother. cant we all just get along?

Well I don't think that most there are educated enough over there to know what the hell they want. They're used to being controlled from birth, most aren't free thinkers.

Not much time for thinking when you have to worry about keeping yourself and your family alive, not to mention food and poverty.

Another thing to add to the thread, I've always preached this point but it was re-iterated in an unlikely source.

I think one of the most worthwhile things I read out of a Men's Health magazine pertained to one of their lists of "do this rather than that" and "these things are a waste of time". One of the things listed was don't listen to major broadcast news, they're slanted and a waste of time. If you want to stay up to date, go on the internet and you'll be up to date in five minutes.

Originally posted by cheese9988@Jul 18 2005, 11:14 AM
Well I don't think that most there are educated enough over there to know what the hell they want. They're used to being controlled from birth, most aren't free thinkers.

Not much time for thinking when you have to worry about keeping yourself and your family alive, not to mention food and poverty.
[post=527968]Quoted post[/post]​

I don't dispute that, infact thats my entire point. These people weren't raised to think, they were raised to survive. They're still climbing Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs and are on the most basic level of food, shelter, and survival were as Americans are on the level of McDonalds or Wendys?

Back