recommended places to get a swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stmotorsports

I know this has been asked 1,000s of times in the past but searched all over the site & didn't find much, plus the links section is down now so...?

looking to hear from peeps who have had good/bad experiences, please list details if possible

oops yeah I meant where to buy a swap. The car in question is broken down in my garage so it's not going anywhere anytime soon, not under F22 power anyways...

so alot of positives about hmotors so far, keep the suggestions coming :)

all 3 of the b-series i've owned have been from hmotors.

yeah I've been looking on ebay lately, mainly because I'm a cheap ass and love trying to find sick deals on cool shit

but also because most swap places I've been looking at only sell H22s with a trans, not just motor only (motor+trans+ecu= ~$2000). I've seen quite a few H22s on ebay for around the $1000 range, motor only with no trans. I still haven't decided if I want to get the Prelude trans or just run the H22 on my Accord trans for now...

I know which I'd be happier with (H22 lsd trans obviously), but I dunno- I already have a good Accord trans with a brand new clutch, and a good lsd H22 trans will cost at least another $1,000...

if I end up getting motor+trans, I think I'm leaning toward hmotors. If I decide to stick with the Accord trans for now, I dunno what I'll end up doing :shrug2:

Hmotorsonline is the best in the business. Steve (the owner) is easy to deal with and runs a quality opperation.

The B16 I got was in great shape.

Its much safer to buy from Steve than from Ebay or any other internet motor company.

steve at hmo is a stand up guy... after i dont know how many engines and so many swaps, he still maintains the best quality used engines in the industry. and if you do have a problem, god forbid, with a hmo motor just call him and he will make it right.
tell him doug at redline motorsports in vegas recommended him and hell take care of you. good luck with your swap!!

i got my swap from hmotors and there is a guy in town that we call honda tony and he has got 94 swaps from steve at hmotors!!!!!!!!!

I still haven't decided whether I want to get the prelude trans also or just the motor only, I think its going to boil down to how much $$ I can devote to the project. Either way I think I'm leaning towards hmotors tho, I still have to call them to see if they will hook me up with just a motor only with no trans...

well id suggest getting the trans with LSD...im kicking myself for not doing it...torque steer REALLY sucks.

Originally posted by evoracer03@Aug 7 2005, 07:37 AM
steve at hmo is a stand up guy... after i dont know how many engines and so many swaps, he still maintains the best quality used engines in the industry. and if you do have a problem, god forbid, with a hmo motor just call him and he will make it right.
tell him doug at redline motorsports in vegas recommended him and hell take care of you. good luck with your swap!!
[post=536867]Quoted post[/post]​

can we all use your reference? :p

I bought mine at JapanMotorImport in Montreal. They had a shit load of engines actually went there to pick it up, did a compression test and got to choose, haven't swapped it yet though

my one and only motor purchase was from hmotors

and everything went excellent- There was a mount missing, and Steve two-day shipped one to me :)

Originally posted by reikoshea@Aug 23 2005, 11:24 PM
well id suggest getting the trans with LSD...im kicking myself for not doing it...torque steer REALLY sucks.
[post=544320]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah I would definitely get the lsd if I got the H22 trans
although I've been kicking around if it would be worth it to get the obx lsd for my accord trans...

One more thumbs up for Hmotors. Easy to deal with and the motor runs like a champ. I wouldn't even think about ebay, way to many horror stories, even when the price isn't super low you never know what to expect.

steve sells the h22 long block only, but for the cash i would grab the rest cuz you still need at least the ecu, so after shipping youre gonna probably be 14-1500 into it. might as well spend the extra couple hundred bucks and have all you need in front of you, rather than realizing later that you need parts and everywhere is closed...

Back