Removin my door panels??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HondaCivicKid

Hi, I own a 1993 4 door civic sedan, and i was wondering how to remove the door panels. What do i have to do? My car is a dx. Please help me if you can, thanks.

To remove the door panels you must do the following.

-Unscrew the door handle casing and remove it. If you open the latch there is a screw, and its pretty self explanatory.

-THen you must remove the screw that is hidden when the door is closed in the middle top corner nearest to the dash when you open the door.

-Remove the door handle cup screw and the door handle cup also. This is the little pocket on the elbow rest.

-Remove the window crank arm by pushing off the codder pin that is under neath flush with the door.

-Then using a screw driver run it around the edge of where the door panel meets the actual metal door popping off the white little clips that hold it on there.

This is assuming it is non power. If it is power the only difference is the door lock mechanism being needed to be removed and the window button also, but sliding it forward and lifting up from the rear. The rear being the farthest part from the dash, or front of the car.

DO NOT USE A SCREWDRIVER TO POP THE CLIPS ON THE BACK OF THE PANEL AWAY FROM THE INNER DOOR SKIN.

You will break everyone and probably put stress marks in you plastic.

Craftsman, Snap-on, Crap-I mean MAC- Tools all make 'Panel Poppers' It is basically a two pronged fork for the exact thing you are doing.

And its only like 15 bucks.

why i have done a hundred cars with a blade screw driver and a flat putty knife and never broken a clip

Back