reputation update

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Briansol

Admins
Admin
VIP
Hello,

I have tweaked the way reputation works/shows.

You probably have noticed new icons.

In an attempt to trim down pip after pip, multiples will now be replaced with stars.

This way less pips total show, and it's more like a poker chip style progression.

Additionally, others can now view your last rep comments in your profile, ie
HondaSwap Forums - View Profile: B
under the visitor messages.

Plus, in your CP
https://hondaswap.com/myaccount/ you can now view your last 10 comments/rep left by you to others.

Ok since Im still new to forums in general, and a lil confused about this whole rep deal, I guess now is as god a time as any to ask my question. What do the "pips" stand for? I thought they were related to rep power, but I noticed that some ppl with more power have fewer pips than others. Ive also noticed the oppostie, ppl with no rep power have more pips than others. Im just a lil cofused lol.

rep power is outgoing strength. ie, my 'give rep' click counts as more points than some n00b giving rep.
the pips are the display of YOUR rep received.

strength is earned by post count, new topic count, and rep received.

Long story short, the display text is outgoing value (you repping), images are incoming (someone repped you).

Last edited:
rep power is outgoing strength. ie, my 'give rep' click counts as more points than some n00b giving rep.
the pips are the display of YOUR rep received.

strength is earned by post count, new topic count, and rep received.

Long story short, the display text is outgoing value (you repping), images are incoming (someone repped you).

Ah, now I remember. :thumbsup:

so each pip represents a numbers?
like light green = 1
dark green = 5
orange = 10
and the big symbol = 20
or something like that?

i have no orange

im confused to...but i know i got 60 so i guess its good?

I understand the numbers, but the pips confuse the hell out of me. Im thinkin reckedracing has the right idea tho.

dark green = 100/3, so each roughly represents 33 points
when you hav ethose 100 points, you move on to the light green for the next 100.
then you get a star which indicates 300, and it starts over on the green.

think roman numerals

V V V = 15
or replace two V's with 1 X
XV

someones a member of vbulletin.org.....just added this to my site too LOL! The YaAs4.0 is fun too B, check it out. We use it for Darwin style awards. Like when people make a dumb post or make themself look like an ass etc...

Back