Rev Limiter Q For H22a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ludester1

Hey, I have a h22a vtec and for some reason the rev limiter kicks in at 6200 I know thats not normal and it sucks <_< . could it be because I dont have a vtec solenoid in it. What could I do to troubleshoot this?

TIA :D

Ummmm yeah. :) No VTEC solenoid means VTEC won't engage, and the rev limit on an H22 when VTEC isn't engaged (like before the car is up to normal operating temp) is 6200-6500 rpm.

Troubleshoot? Get a VTEC solenoid. How do you have the oil passages that normally go in and out of the solenoid plugged up right now? Or do you just have a non-functioning solenoid on there? :huh:

Originally posted by ludester1@Feb 12 2003, 06:14 AM
Hey, I have a h22a vtec and for some reason the rev limiter kicks in at 6200 I know thats not normal and it sucks <_< . could it be because I dont have a vtec solenoid in it. What could I do to troubleshoot this?

TIA :D

No solenoid? ARen't those called H23's?? ;)

hehehe opps no sleep last night :sleep:

My swap arrived from osakamotors and there was hella damage cux of shipping and the solenoid was damaged(cracked in half) so I bolted on a fabricated plate to keep the oil from shooting all over the place. NEVER BUY FROM THERE!!! They wont replace it so im screwed..

Back