RPM issue

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mintoxik

well my car has not ran for about 8 months got everything cleand up tuned up but the car idles at 2000 it drops to about 18 every couple of sec but then back to 2000
I haven't tried to drive it yet no ins. or reg. but i can't figure it out any help would be greatful

i messed with the idle screw and all the way in and out no change in idle and if i floor it it will sputter then die and the idle is very "hard" i guess you could say

Last edited:
How is the oil in the motor??? I would assume tuned up, means oil change in such, also how is the batt?? dizzy? Fuel Filter, Dizz positioning, IVAC sensor? MAP? ect lol

oil good new spark plugs, battery is good , dizzy is good
havnt check dizz position or IVAC,map
but i think I know the problem i was going to put a z6 head on and the valves are all F***** up so i had to put my old one on but i left the z6 IM on

that very well could be it, I would check that out, then get back to us! :)

well i might have got it
it was kinda a newb thing but i forgot to hook up the ivac clip :( so i did that and now i have no spark so i took it back off and still nothing it ran but 2 hours ago

Not to make u cry, once I shut off my Car for 10mins just long enough to take a quick #2 when I got home then to the GF's the car would not start, dizzy died on the spot! only 10mins it was such BS haha! lucky I had a spare, I would check that out :(

lame........ but i did find a busted fuze in the box next to the batt im going to check it out today

hey man my car did the same thing when i rebuilt it, its the intake, either replace it with the im or get a new intake gasket. Mine did the SAME exact thing

well i got some of it fixed now i can use the gas and the car wont die but the RPM went to 3500
and i've looked on the net and the only thing i can find is stuff about "my car wont go over 3500 rpm" so i got nothing

Last edited:
it really never ends haha
now i have that stupid surgeing idle from 1k to 2500 cleand the ivac and the other one i cant think of the name right now tps is right i tried to bleed the coolent and nothing

yea it surges all the time hot cold and when i first start the car it goes up to 3k and it will stay there until i hit the gas then it strats to surge from 900 to 2k-2500 and the idle screw doesnt do anything i tried to set it with the IVAC unpluged doesnt change.
also my # 3 and 4 sparkplug wires keep popping up every 5 to 10 sec.

I dont exactly remeber! eek could try looking in the FAQ section lmao!

Back