Rr600 Oooooo Baby

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

delsolty

Hey would like to know what you people think???? This summer I'm thinking about getting a Honda RR600 Bike. This going to be my frist street bike. Now I'm not a big guy I'm 5'9 150lbs. I would like to know if people think I'm going to be ok on it or not????? Now I have got on a 250 honda but it was SLOW. But if you know of any bikes that might be better for me , just put it down and say what you got to say.

I was thinking about getting a bike too .. it seems cool. I'm eagerly awaiting community input here too .. =)

RR600??? or do you mean a 600 F4, 600 F4i, 600 F3, 900rr, 929rr?? (im sure i didnt list them all, this is just off the top of my head.) A 600 is a good beginners bike.. and a good jump from your 250. I'm in the middle of battleling finishing my engine swap or getting my bike, then finishing my engine swap.

I take over my cousins 00 Ninja 6R for my 19th B-day in May. I can't wait to get that damn thing. So far it just has a D&D pipe, but it will get more. :D

I've never head of a "RR600" I have heard of the Honda CBR600. :-/

be careful guys... riding is fun but its a dangerous game...
i wouldnt trade the time i spent on my bike for anything
but DAMN the price was high

nice screen name dude cockstronghalfablocklong lol

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Feb 13 2003, 10:23 PM

care to elaborate?? maybe you can scare me from gettin my 929 :p , then my h22 swap we be done a lot sooner.

Originally posted by paragus+Feb 16 2003, 01:29 AM-->
@Feb 13 2003, 10:23 PM

care to elaborate?? maybe you can scare me from gettin my 929 :p , then my h22 swap we be done a lot sooner.

Saturday, June 3rd 2000, around 12 noon.... beautiful clear sunny day.... was going to a concert with some friends that day... decided to take my bike out for a ride before we went to the show... my friend Tee-Jay was behind me in his car.... approaching an intersection north bound @ about 40-45mph (posted limit 40mph)... 99 dodge ram 1500 extended cab with fiberglass cap on the back was approaching the same intersection heading south.... he didnt see me... he took a left directly in front of me... i T-boned him at 40-45mph... slammed against the side of the truck... was air lifted to the hospital... accident was deemed a fatality (for the first 2-3 days everyone was sure i would die... police did the accident investigation as a fatality)

stage 3 compound fracture right Tibia and Fibula (both bones lower leg through the skin)
12 inch laceration and dislocation left knee cap
18 inch laceration right thigh
broken left ulna (forearm)
a few broken ribs (never specified a number)
collapsed right lung
broken nose
smashed right cheek bone
smashed right eye socket (yes i was wearing a helmet but the lower edge of the cap smashed through the visor)
broke C1 and C2 (top two vertibrea)

about 16 surgeries
external fixator on leg and arm (6 weeks arm / 3 months leg)
bone graft for arm
bone graft skin graft and muscle graft for leg
chest tube to drain fluid around collapsed lung
cut ear to ear over top of head face peeled off 12-18 screws used to rebuild cheek/eye socket
C collar to immobelize neck
cast on arm after external fixator (2 weeks)
cast on leg after external fixator (5 months)
brace on leg (1 year) (still used for heavy activity)
still rehabbing leg and arm
about 380 total stitches and staples including internal stitches
$250,000.00 in hospital bills

that was at 45mph doing everything correctly (not riging like an asshole, had a helmet on, bike was loud as hell {full header and race pipe} with a bright ass yellow bulb on the left side to be more noticable)
in the time since my accident i personally know 16 people that have had accidents of varying degrees from simply dumping it, to gettting their head run over by a truck (no helmet)
talk to people who have been riding for a while (5 years), they all have a crash story to tell... its not a matter of if, its a matter of when, and how bad it will be when it does happen

Heres a few pics

holy shit.. and i thought i was extreme having brain surgury!

glad your still here though :)

do you have any bigger pics, those are all hard to see ;)

thanks... me too :)

no bigger pics at the moment ... ill scan some in next time im at B's ;) sick bastard
hehe

lol. its all good..

so what if i like seeing the nasty stuff?!? :spin: :huh: :lol:

i'm not very suseptible<sp?> to :puke: :)

After seeing eric's little calage of pics one night, it serious made me think twice about how I ride and how aware I am when I ride.

Glad you are okay Eric!

.... damnit. Mebbe I don't want a bike now. >=(

I guess driving my civic will be fun. I don't have money anyway, and I can only just watch as the insurance premium spikes .. especially knowing that there is pthe possibility that the company might have to pay a quarter million in hospital costs. lol.

:eek: <-- i probably seriously look like that right now. Thats fucking crazy!!!! Thats the part that im scared about the most.. people cant fucking drive. I'll buy a bike and trailor it to empty parking lots to ride around..lol

In my dads riding days(back when bikes still had drum brakes), he dumped his bike twice, once ending underneath a parked truck. Then my shop teacher, says he always rides his bikes responsibly, has had to kick in a guys fender because the car did not check his blind spot. I want a bike so bad but people are dumb and I have had many close calls in my huge (respectivly) sol

Eric, that is good to hear you came out alive. Bet your health insurance went up after all lose bills -_-

speaking of motorcycles have any of you seen that v10 concept motorcycle that pushes 500 hp and has 4 wheels, it is pretty

my dad is looking at getting a bike soon, i want one too but he says they are dangerous but he is getting one go figure

bikes are dangerous.... end of story
so is most of life
so is almost anything that is deemed to be "fun"

your only two options are to climb into a bubble and lock yourself in your room.... or.... make shit as safe as possible and "roll the dice"

i would ride again... on a track... thats it... there are too many variables that you have no control over on the street... it doesnt matter if you ride responsibly, or like the biggest asshole on the planet... it just takes one person to take a turn without noticing you.... or............

there are fates worse than death.... my friend Joe has permanant brain damage... the worst part is he remembers how he use to be and realizes that he isnt even close to that any more... he needs help to get through very simple everyday tasks that all of us dont even think twice about... i dont think i could deal with that

i got lucky.... very lucky.... the doctors said i would probly walk with a cane for the rest of my life.... i couldnt accept that... 1 year after the accident i made a carbon fiber brace for my leg so i could rollerblade again... i pushed myself harder than any of the physical therapists would/could/did, so i said fuck them and did it on my own... i just went skiing tonight for the first time since the accident.... wasnt anywhere near as good as i was before, but i did ok and i had a blast... and my leg held up with no issues :) (one step closer to 100% :) )

im not trying to talk anyone out of getting a bike.... no one could have talked me out of it... im just trying to make sure that you know what your getting into and what can happen

be safe

Back