Rsx Type S Or B18b In My 96 Civic?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

skycivic

Im either getting an 02 type-s or putting a built b18b in my 96 civic, what do you think?

i think you should post it in the right forum and that you should not even think about putting an rsx-s engine into your 96 civic

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Feb 13 2003, 01:09 PM
i think you should post it in the right forum and that you should not even think about putting an rsx-s engine into your 96 civic

:werd:

You do realize that the K20a2 sits on the other side of the engine compartment right?

Pills, your drunk again...he is saying he has the options of : Buying a '02 RSX Type S or swapping a B18B in his Civic. It all depends on what you want to do...you can put bolt on's on the RSX and put down like 175-180 whp. The B18B will kind of be "ugh" without boost or LSVTEC, but if you do LS/T or LSVTEC it will own an RSX. If you have the time and patience, I would go with the LS/T or LSVTEC, other than that, I would choose the RSX.

Oh yea, I must be drunk too? :huh:

I'd go with the swap for a few reasons.

1) Who wants to spend 25k? on a new car.
2) The 6th gen will be faster with the swap boost. And a hell of a lot cheaper.
3) I don't like RSX's.

no, pills is a lush, your just dumb and didn't read it right :p

RSX Type S -- 25K. He can trade in his Civic for 5K-8K depending on the model, but RSX is OBD390328590382509238. so you will have just intake, header, and exhaust for a while until companies start making shit for it.

I want to put b16a vtec head on the b18b if i go that route

The rsx type-s is sweet carbon fiber hood, ingine intake, 205/45/16 in front, 215/45/17 in rear, rear lower strut bar, exaust, full coilover kit, and a front bumper but im not sure what kind it is, ut it is $20,087 and i could do alot to my civic w/ that much.

Wow, that just sounds like a lot of rice.

Pretty much no real performance mods... I don't think I would ever buy a pre-riced out car. Who knows what kind of idiot owned it before.

16s are actually better for prformance, but 17s look better and dont make a diff in the rear, the guy who had it was 55 years old, everything was done professonally, the car has 14,000 miles on it

Originally posted by skycivic@Feb 13 2003, 01:44 PM
16s are actually better for prformance, but 17s look better and dont make a diff in the rear, the guy who had it was 55 years old, everything was done professonally, the car has 14,000 miles on it

I still wouldn't buy it for the sole fact that the 6th gen will be faster.

There's more aftermarket parts available as well as just flat out cheaper to modify your existing car.

And RSX's are ugly, but thats another opinion.

IMO the RSX is ugly.Get what YOU want,my idea is get the 6th gen,drop ina B18C5 spend all the extra that you saved over getting the RSX and and sink it into goodies for the 6th gen and its new motor.

you think b18b in a 6g civic will be faster than the type-s? i drove it for the first time and vtec rules went 100 in 4th real fast it was fun, but that would be awesome in my civic and is $15,000 less

thanks for all your help, i think ill stick w/ my civic and mak it hella fast!!!

Word, I would get the h/b. The rsx's don't look all that bad in my opinion, I've seen a pretty dope white rsx, dropped hella low on a cf hood, also has the type-r lights, very clean indeed. But with the h/b you can drop the LS motor, either ls/vtec or ls/t it and own the rsx anyday and you might have extra money to spare on other goodies like brakes and suspension, then go towards the exterior of the car, peace!

yea except i quit drinkin afipunk!!! how abotu taht shit!! been sober for a week straight now!! wchich is good for me. :)

Originally posted by ekPhred@Feb 13 2003, 01:56 PM
Word, I would get the h/b. The rsx's don't look all that bad in my opinion, I've seen a pretty dope white rsx, dropped hella low on a cf hood, also has the type-r lights, very clean indeed. But with the h/b you can drop the LS motor, either ls/vtec or ls/t it and own the rsx anyday and you might have extra money to spare on other goodies like brakes and suspension, then go towards the exterior of the car, peace!

You just listed 3 mods that cost money and don't make your car faster.

"looking dope" for 15,000$ more is a crap-tastic reason to buy an RSX.

O yea, i totally agree with you on that one, i'm more performance oriented anyway. I'm just saying that the RSX looks nice, I don't think it can take on an hybrid by no means. Some people don't like the stying of the RSX and some people do. Anyway, good luck on your civic project skycivic!

Back