Rwd Civic Hatch!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanwolfe911

I recently accqired a wrecked S2k with 14,000 miles on it for $7500. (I am very close with a salvage yard owner) I am thinking about doin some crazy shit and converting my EG to RWD. I've seen it done with an NSX motor in the rear of a CRX. (www.mahdavimotorsports.com) go to CR-NSX. I have the neccessary means to do this, what do you all think? let me know

Dude thats a valid question , but let me tell you, this S2k is TOTALED. It's so not fixable it's not even funny. I don't know if I'll even be able to use some of the rear suspension. I don't have a pic now, but I'll try to get one later

yeah , I priced out just the Motor from Honda and they want $6900 for a long block. So I got a pretty fair deal considering most of the front half of the car is for the most part intact. And yeah for a $30,000 car, $7500 was a steal, even if it was wrecked

Well, If you have the means to do it, then DO IT! I say that would be a bad ass CRX if you make it all street legal and everything. Let us know what your gonna do. :spin:

The major thing is, you are going to spend a good 15k getting that thing to work and you better be a real good handy man. If you think that the S2k has no hope for life, your rwd hatchback will never work.

you better be a REALLY good welder / fabricator / mechanic
if not this is going to cost you a FUCK LOAD of $$$$$$$$$$$
its still gunna be expensive as fuck to do it anyway though
not too sure it will be worth it .... but if your up for it .... do it up
good fuckin luck

Originally posted by TurtlePowerCivic@Mar 28 2003, 07:32 PM
Well, If you have the means to do it, then DO IT! I say that would be a bad ass CRX if you make it all street legal and everything. Let us know what your gonna do. :spin:

sorry to be an anal jackass but he has an EG, c'mon you know the answer to this one...it's a 1992-1995 Honda Civic. ;)

well if you got the cash DO IT!!! but to tell you now, to go RWD... you might have to tub out the rear, you might as well build a tube chassis... Area 51 [a company here in cali] has their tube chassis shop here by my house [about 5 miles away] and they charge upwards of 60,000 - 85,000 for a custom built tube chassis

so yeah, if you got the cash, spend it!!! if you dont wanna spend it, leme borrow 10,000 and i'll build a nice all motor car :lol:

What is your reason for doing a rwd conversion? If it is for the novelty and being one of the first people to do it, then I say go for it. However, if you are doing it in hopes of having a fast car, I would recommend selling the s2k parts for a profit and building a bulletproof turbo setup for your eg.

I havent really decided what to do yet, I've just been throwing around ideas. I work for a comapny that builds tube chassis for E-mod race cars, so I have a whole fabrication shop at my disposal. I know it will cost a shit load of money, but Iplan this to be a race car anyway, so I'm not concerned about street legality issues. I will keep everyone posted

Sounds pricy. Like sell a liver, testicle and lung for funds pricy. Kinda pricy like if you got the green to buy the 7500 S2K and enough to convert a EG to RWD, you should just be the first guy with a 9 sec NA honda. My two cents.

Messiah of Honda Motor Comany ? ? ? . .. you mean "company" right? cause you forgot the "p" . . . now i'm not the greatest speller in the world either but i'm also not thinking of building a S2k powered EG . . . thats the kinda project you take on when you're retarded, i mean retired (sorry spelling) and have like 20hrs a day to work on it and an ass load of money to dump into it. that is if you've been hiding half of your lifes earnings from your wife.

i say if you got big enough balls and a fat enough wallet, go for it. You will be the envey(spelling?) of EVERYONE.

sorry about the spelling, I didn't even notice that you over critical bastard. But thanx anyway, i'll fix it. Oh and I'm not married so that answers your question

do it and then let me drive it... it will own alot of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back