RWD del sol Lives

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
If people haven't ever seen it, the guy of Luvfab has been building a RWD rear engien H22 engine. Well, it finally runs.

Here is the vid....

Right click, save traget as

and now the thread...

thread

The car is so bad ass. Its only 5 or so hours from me, I cant wait to see it. Its also heading up to gingerman sometime. That is where I want to see it.

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. Maybe I should do that with the sedan once it's taken off of daily driver duty. :D :D :D :D :D

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Sep 13 2004, 10:23 AM
RWD and it STILL understeers. Yay.
[post=389632]Quoted post[/post]​

:lol:

someone was talkin about this car being at speedtrials in a few weeks. if they actually go ill get some video of it and try and get some pics.

Jack, you better. I am pissed I am not going to make it to speed trials. I won't be back down state until Thanksgiving.

i thought that idea was cool...when i first heard of it like 3-4 years ago. but wtf, its not like its even cool. it seems like the biggest waste of money ive seen.....besides the nsx-f50 conversion

It's kinda like having both a cock and a twat...when you think about it, you're like 'man, that would kick ASS to have a twat!'

Then you spend years putting it together/on/whatever, and you finish, and you realize 'man, this is gay as FUCK!'

Yea it's a cool idea and all, but that looks a little disappointing.

I don't think the wheelbase is too short, I think its because the much added weight in the back.

I always wanted a RWD civic hatch or AWD. I'll actaully do it, but keep it Front engined, I'm hoping it would be like a stock RWD car though. Even if I had to use a CRV trans with the shitty AWD system it would be better than what that appears to be.

Doesn't the crv only transfer, like, 20% of the power to the rear wheels?

why isn't it blowing the ass end around? NO LSD. 1 wheel wonders...

And another reason is the fuel cell... its in the front.. AND ITS BIG... So he's got all kinds of fuel sloshing around throwing its weight around in the front end of that car... If he had an LSD, that car would blow its ass end out WITH NO PROBLEM. I say he welds the diff and runs full lock in it... :)

Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Sep 13 2004, 09:45 PM
why isn't it blowing the ass end around? NO LSD. 1 wheel wonders...

And another reason is the fuel cell... its in the front.. AND ITS BIG... So he's got all kinds of fuel sloshing around throwing its weight around in the front end of that car... If he had an LSD, that car would blow its ass end out WITH NO PROBLEM. I say he welds the diff and runs full lock in it... :)
[post=389950]Quoted post[/post]​

I noticed this to, though i didint think to attribute it to the car not have an LSD. Good thinking, i was sitting there going " this is very cool and its for surely Rear Wheel Drive but it dont seem right" the car wasint behaving right it seemed. Regaurdless very cool!

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Sep 13 2004, 06:10 PM
i thought that idea was cool...when i first heard of it like 3-4 years ago. but wtf, its not like its even cool. it seems like the biggest waste of money ive seen.....besides the nsx-f50 conversion
[post=389847]Quoted post[/post]​

I totally agree.

That stupid thing cant even swing its ass like a STOCK MUSTANG lol.

I guess its a cool idea, but it just goes to show that Hondas are better off STAYING front wheel drive. . . . . .

wow, you guys are harsh as hell. He barely spent any money in this thing. Waste of a good del sol? nope, the car was hit in the front and basicly totaled. Basicly some metal tubes, and an h22 engine, and as other said, no LSD. He is looking for an LSD tranny, but he just wanted to get the thing running. He does all the work himself. Also, he says that the alignment is off a decent amount so that will cause the car to either always oversteer or understeer.

Also, I love how you guys compare handling to a mustang.

Finally,

pheonixb16aguy

it prolly handles like shit becouse of the h22 in that lil bastard

Do you know anything about physics what so ever? A car handles the best with the most of its mass over its center of mass. That is why F1 cars have the engine in a MR configuration. H22's handle like shit in civics because the it puts more mass forward in the car.

Don't want to go completely off topic, but yes, the CRV trans only puts down about 20% to the rear wheels. Fuck it, if and when I do it, if I have to I'll just take out the front axles and make it full RWD.

It's too much trouble to mount the engine longways. Too much trouble to have to find a trans that will fit in that bitch and work properly at the same time.

I'd be much better off with the CRV trans, maybe it can be modified cheap enough to have more power transfered at the rear wheels. A custom driveshaft isn't too difficult or too expensive, using the CRV reat end, modfied fuel tank isn't too hard or difficult either, cut and weld operation. Shift linkage isn't all that difficult to fabricate either as long as the linkage isn't cable. Not sure what spindles, hubs or control arms to use but if I do it I'll figure it out. I'm assuming I could use CRV axles or have customs ones made.

cool shit
was keeping track of that thread a few months ago
cool to see its finally done (well i guess not DONE.... but driving)

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Sep 13 2004, 10:43 AM
fucking sweet. E eat your heart out.
[post=389621]Quoted post[/post]​

ive never really had any ambition to bother with anything of this sort
if i wanted a mid engined RWD 2 seater, i would have gotten a 2nd gen MR2 turbo

i had a del sol
i wanted to do track days
i found that i could make the del sol into a pretty good track day car
i did it
the del sol now does what i wanted it to do
its fun to drive on the street
i can drive it to the track, beat the shit out of it for the day, then drive it home

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Sep 14 2004, 12:18 AM

i had a del sol
i wanted to do track days
i found that i could make the del sol into a pretty good track day car
i did it
the del sol now does what i wanted it to do
its fun to drive on the street
i can drive it to the track, beat the shit out of it for the day, then drive it home
[post=390005]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

Thats all I can ask for.

Back