s2000 seats in an integra

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

preludebuddy

how much would you pay for some s2000 seats? there's a guy selling some for 600. if i bought them would I be getting ripped off? they both come with the rails for an integra.

why bother? is this car for show or go? thats not a bad price but the money could be spent better elsewhere.

Well I live in the mountains and I do a lot of hard turning. With my gsr seats right now I do a lot of leaning on other things like the door and the other seat to keep me in place. I figure s2000 seats have that wing up on top, so they should hold me in place better. The car will be mostly for 'go', but go as in driving windy mountain roads, not racing down a 1/4 mile strip. If I didnt slide around in my seats right now I wouldnt bother replacing them. I honestly didnt know how much I should be looking to spend on them. Thank you for your input though. I'll probably be picking them up tomorrow.

the sol seats would be a great buy also if you want a seat to hug you good.

you could buy a set of corbeau race seats for money like that which are made to support you.

Originally posted by vtecsir1@Jun 1 2005, 01:10 PM
you could buy a set of corbeau race seats for money like that which are made to support you.
[post=506255]Quoted post[/post]​

I was under the impression all seats are designed to support, just some do better then others. And to add to that, RECARO makes the s2k seat, just like takata makes are OEM honda seatbelts.

And on top of that, theres a porsche GT3 that rocks a set of seats that are almost identicle to the S2k, recaro makes them to.

Originally posted by UDT+Jun 1 2005, 11:05 PM-->
@Jun 1 2005, 01:10 PM
[post=506255]Quoted post[/post]​

I was under the impression all seats are designed to support, just some do better then others. And to add to that, RECARO makes the s2k seat, just like takata makes are OEM honda seatbelts.

And on top of that, theres a porsche GT3 that rocks a set of seats that are almost identicle to the S2k, recaro makes them to.
[post=506328]Quoted post[/post]​

Recaro does make the Posche GT seats, but not the S2000 seats. The only Honda seats that Recaro makes are the non us Type R's.

600 for S2k seats? grab that shit. I called a couple salvage yards and they wanted that much for just one seat!

Originally posted by 92dxhatch@Jun 1 2005, 01:10 PM
the sol seats would be a great buy also if you want a seat to hug you good.
[post=506142]Quoted post[/post]​

I am a huge fan of del Sol seats, however, you have to remember, for the colored seats, they are 10-13 years old, and the normal looking ones out of the 96-97 are 8-9 years old. This means that they have been sat on for 100k+ miles. I am a rather light guy (160ishlbs) the last owner was really small, and the two before that, who knows. Since there are now 167k miles on the seats, they are starting to loose there comfort. My passenger seat feels much more comfortable then the drivers seat. You have to imangine with someone heavier, it would be even worse. I see alot of del Sol seats that are really beat up. S2000's in general don't get as many miles on them then your average civic, del sol, integra, ect. This mean they will be alot better condition then your del Sol seats.

s2k seats are great. They have OEM quality and comfort, and will look great for years to come. I say for 600 with sliders, thats a steal.

Just to emphasize the "That's a steal" part...OEM S2000 seats from Honda (granted, from Honda) cost over $1000 FOR ONE BOTTOM!!! For a Graphite Black that is, you can pick up the Pure Blue bottom for a mere $700ish (bottom), drop over another grand for the back, tack on rails and sliders, and call youself lucky at $2000 each.

What I find very interesting is that the s2000 motor cost a lot less from Honda than the ITR motor from Acura (based on American prices).

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jun 2 2005, 02:51 PM
Just to emphasize the "That's a steal" part...OEM S2000 seats from Honda (granted, from Honda) cost over $1000 FOR ONE BOTTOM!!! For a Graphite Black that is, you can pick up the Pure Blue bottom for a mere $700ish (bottom), drop over another grand for the back, tack on rails and sliders, and call youself lucky at $2000 each.
[post=506819]Quoted post[/post]​

yea true, but these aren't from the dealer. Look at del sol seats from the dealer. 400 for the backing, 400 for the bottom, another 40 or so for the other things. True, make sure you know the seats are legit, but its not too far of a stretch. Look at the price of air bag stuff. Honda charges like 2k+ for everything. You can bearly get 200 for them on eBay. Same thing with some of the ABS shit. I have the modulator and the computer for it. Honda wants close to 1000 for them. I can bearly give it away for free.

Also where did you get your prices on the s2k engine vs the ITR's. I looked on acuraautomotiveparts.org vs hondaautomotiveparts.com, and the S2k's was like 500-1000 more.

Weird, I got $3430 for the ITR longblock and $2687 for the s2000's, from teh same places.

hmmm. thats really weird. Under the s2k, they have cylinder block - oil pan, and there the short block is 1300, but under engine transmission assembly, its about 2k for the block, 2400 for the head

Haha, maybe they are having internal price wars :)

hmm, you got me thinking, so I started checking prices on b16s through honda. I check the 97 del sol VTEC, and they have the engine listed as the b17a1

Back