Saturn uses Honda

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Soichiro-Honda

c446126a.jpg

c446127a.jpg

Saturn has a performance line called REDLINE.

I was watch MotorWeek and the VUE has a performance version that come from factory that comes 250Hp Honda V6.

Surprizing I should hate on saturn... (MAKE YOUR OWN MOTORS GM.) Plus the ION that also a Redline uses the ecotec 4 cylinder supercharge that makes 200hp.

I just thought I should mention it.

Just another 2dr that entertain honda tuners on the highway.

c446113a.jpg

c446114a.jpg

Originally posted by Soichiro-Honda@Mar 30 2004, 08:50 AM
c446113a.jpg

c446114a.jpg

They were testing one of these at gingerman (local road course) last year.

fuckers made me miss a day of tracking :angry:

id have to say...SATURN SUCKS(gm for that matter)...they cant make good engines, so they turn to honda.....sounds like a plan...why not just buy a honda? i wonder if the valve cover says honda on it or did saturn put a saturn or gm valve cover on it.

I forget what I was reading, I think it was SCC, but they tested the ION Redline coupe, and they absolutely hated it... it was sloppy and built like shit with a lazy tach and somehow GM managed to slam the motor into the rev limiter as it was still building power...it even made 193 hp at the wheels...a bit underrated.

The funny thing is even after they tested it, said they hated it they still thought it was better than the new Civic... :p

id rather have something that wont break...ive always viewed chevy, gm, pontiac, gmc, oldsmobiles as garbage, trash, etc... they always break.

Originally posted by cycloneb18c3@Mar 30 2004, 08:33 PM
id rather have something that wont break...ive always viewed chevy, gm, pontiac, gmc, oldsmobiles as garbage, trash, etc... they always break.

Thats because you're narrow minded and naive. :shrug2:

Wake up and smell the exhaust. Honda makes engines for almost every piece of power equipment imaginable as an option. I'm not running out to buy a Saturn, but if I were a potential buyer, I would want a reliable car with a good foundation for aftermarket parts.

Don't like it, don't buy it. I guess I'll have to go back to work and throw out our pressure washer, portable pump, cement mixer, etc, because honda made the engine. <_<

well you see honda and gm made a trade....honda made gm the v6's and gm made honda a diesel engine.

if briggs and stratton made pressure washers and used honda engines would that make sense to you? exactly my point....I didnt know that GM(duramax) made hondas diesels. are they turbo diesels? honda should switch to international diesels. POWERSTROKE RULES ALL!

My only point is that it's just an engine. You can buy an MTD mower with a Briggs or a Tecumseh. We have Gorman-Rupp pumps with Honda engines.

This list could go on and on, but it's boring. K, bye bye. :)

fuckin disgusting.....i would NEVER get a Saturn...

"Dent resistant doors"..o0o0o0o0 the inginuity <_<

Back