sc61 or t3/67 which route??

bvtec

Senior Member
Im aiming for about 400-450whp which one of the turbos the sc61 or t3/67 spool quicker and make more power?? my setup is gonna be:-
b18c 81mm cp pistons(9.1) and crower rods
skunk2 valve springs & retainers
hondata
full race mani
44mm wastegate
3" turbo back exhaust

which turbo would you go for?? <_<
 

formby

learning in progress
if you drag then get the bigger of the two...if you street race or just want light to light runs go with the smaller one
 

bvtec

Senior Member
Originally posted by formby@May 28 2005, 09:19 PM
if you drag then get the bigger of the two...if you street race or just want light to light runs go with the smaller one
[post=504727]Quoted post[/post]​


exactly which is the bigger of the two? which would spool quickest im aiming for at least early 12s on my eg9. And hoping to rev to say 9200rpm approx
 

formby

learning in progress
ask b????i am just starting to turbo charge myself...
i traded for this turbo
Turbonetics T3/T04E with .63 A/R and a Stage 3 wheel with a 50 trim compressor....for my lsv????
 

CoreyR

Senior Member
Originally posted by bvtec@May 28 2005, 04:02 PM
Im aiming for about 400-450whp which one of the turbos the sc61 or t3/67 spool quicker and make more power?? my setup is gonna be:-
b18c 81mm cp pistons(9.1) and crower rods
skunk2 valve springs & retainers
hondata
full race mani
44mm wastegate
3" turbo back exhaust

which turbo would you go for?? <_<
[post=504724]Quoted post[/post]​


is the block sleeved?
 

posol

RETIRED
Staff member
sc61 spools slower
sc61 makes less power

t3/t67 all the way.

or if you're rich, the gt3040 .82 is hot.
 

bvtec

Senior Member
Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 29 2005, 05:13 PM
sc61 spools slower
sc61 makes less power

t3/t67 all the way.

or if you're rich, the gt3040 .82 is hot.
[post=504999]Quoted post[/post]​


any ideas at what rpm i would expect the t3/67 to spool?
 

bvtec

Senior Member
Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 31 2005, 03:19 AM
i hit 11 psi on my 9:1 motor at about 4200
[post=505463]Quoted post[/post]​


thats nice whats your setup pissedsol?

i heard from a few ppl that spool time is same as the t3/t4e any truth in that? :blink:
 

SlushboxTeggy

It's only stupid if it doesn't work
VIP
Originally posted by bvtec+May 31 2005, 11:27 AM-->
pissedoffsol
@May 31 2005, 03:19 AM
i hit 11 psi on my 9:1 motor at about 4200
[post=505463]Quoted post[/post]​


thats nice whats your setup pissedsol?

i heard from a few ppl that spool time is same as the t3/t4e any truth in that? :blink:
[post=505621]Quoted post[/post]​

thats a very good street/strip turbo. its the one i want when i get the funds. check out Turbo Mod they sell kits with the t3/t67 that make sick horsepower AND you get to keep your AC.
 

posol

RETIRED
Staff member
i had a full-race.com stage 3 with stage 4 intercooler, 9:1 gsr, 3" exh w/ 3" cat, etc..

the t3/t67 is really a t3/t04s
 

bvtec

Senior Member
Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 31 2005, 04:09 PM
i had a full-race.com stage 3 with stage 4 intercooler, 9:1 gsr, 3" exh w/ 3" cat, etc..

the t3/t67 is really a t3/t04s
[post=505641]Quoted post[/post]​


i have a choice of a t3/t67 .63 .82 with a stage 5 wheel or a p trim,
what should i get and whats different about the P trim is it worth the extra money?
 

bvtec

Senior Member
[/quote]

i have a choice of a t3/t67 .63 .82 with a stage 5 wheel or a p trim,
what should i get and whats different about the P trim is it worth the extra money?
[post=507470]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

^^
p trim anyone??
 

posol

RETIRED
Staff member
i had the first one you mentioned.

unless you planning to trailer this bitch, the non p-trim will be MORE than enough. it will easily hit 675 whp on a sleeved gsr motor.
 
Top