Sean needs your help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Seany-izzle

:mrgreen:

so uhhh, i installed a dvd burner in my computer, it worked fine for about 4 days, then when i unplugged my comp from home and got it back up here at school, neither of the cd drives work :mad: . Well i shouldn't say work, but more along the lines of my computer doesnt recognize them. When you put a cd/dvd in, it spins, you can hear it, but nothing happens.... so i have a 40 dollar dvd spinner...

When i put in a cd or dvd to play, the little window that comes up asking you what youd like to do, well that doenst come up.

When i go to Windows Explorer, and i go to My Computer, all that shows up are my two hd's and my floppy drive, no icon for either one of the cd drives.

When i go to Device manager, they dont show up.

Whatever i do to see if i can access my cd drives doesnt work. now, i need my dvd burner for a school project.

I need help with getting them back up and functioning, i need them to work like nothing was ever wrong. I gotta be able to burn dvds and shit. If anyone can provide any helpful links that could walk me through, or if one ofyou guys could walk me thru either using this or aim, thatd be great. Whoever gets it working for me, or points me in the right direction first will get a little prize mailed to their doorstep :)
I will determine who helped first by whoever posted the info first. I dont wanna get into pm's, just post here or get at me on AIM: SeanMc300 if im away, just leave me a msg outlining what i should do (i timestamp things so i can see who msgs me first) If i am not online, just post here.

** the dvd burner is a Sony something... i can get you specific info on what kind it is if its needed, just let me know.
*** the dvd player is the one that came with my dell.

if both failed, chances are they weer both on the seconday IDE cable, and during moving, it unplugged itself from the motherboard.

since they still have power, they will spin and open, but they have no data conenction.

pop open the case, and check the plugs.... WITH THE POWER OFF

i hate you brian. I already did this once, but last time i didnt wiggle the connection right into the board, just on the drives...

Brian wins. lol okay brian, now i just gotta figure out what to give you :p

a black autometer boost gauge?
a dictionary?
a power strip?
a greddy turbo timer?
a box of staples?
two, thats right, count em TWO, nerf footballs?
an official frisbee? oh wait, scratch the last two, i forgot brian doesnt go outside...
an empty box?
nothing?
a empty binder?
a brand new, never opened stick of Gillette Clear Gel Deodorant/Antipersperant?

the choice is yours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

best give away ever.

Back