Selling the Infiniti (?)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Battle Pope

I'm trying to get my 280Z in a position so that I can use it on daily driver duty. I'm hoping to save money on insurance by dropping the infiniti to liability and only putting liability on the Z.

Anyway, I was thinking and I really miss the "small car" feel. The Infiniti spends a lot of time being big and boaty, and I'm finding that's really not my thing. It would feel stiffer if I were to get new shocks on it but that wouldn't make the car smaller. I'm happy with the performance, and it handles great for such a big car, but I'm not sure it's my bag. I'm thinking of trying to sell it. It would be a great car to part out and use as upgrades to a 240SX if anyone's looking.

The problem is, I don't really know what I want to replace it with. I know it would have to be under 5k purchase price and fall inside my requirements.

Daily Driver Duty. Approximately 40-50 mile round trip to/from work 5 days a week, plus saturday. Preferably clears 25 mpg. Doesn't have to be dirt cheap to maintain, but not any more expensive than the infiniti. The main thing is just that it can't leave me stranded on the side of highway 101. :p

Honestly, I think I want an AE86 liftback. I'm not even sure I care if it's a GTS (although it would be ideally). They've got some measure of style, they're "peppy" (GTS), and from what I gather are reliable under "normal" driving conditions. Keep in mind I don't want a drift car or a project car. Just a daily driver.

a honda will work good as a daily driver.. you can get replacement parts pretty cheap.. and they run decent under normal conditions.. plus.. you can fuck it up and still sell it to someone else as a project car..

Hondas that are affordable are pieces of shit, and all the nice ones are too expensive. I've said before, I don't know where everybody finds their 1500 dollar EG hatches but I sure can't find em.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 20 2005, 01:32 PM
buy my del sol :)
[post=529064]Quoted post[/post]​

Fuck a del sol :lol:

I said "small car" not "jellybean".

I still need to be able to fit 4 people in it. at least 2 plus cargo comfortably.

go with a hatchback
88-91 has lots of room, great on gas, cheap, and you can fit a shit load of cargo in em...

get an SI with a/c...

Originally posted by reckedracing@Jul 20 2005, 01:40 PM
go with a hatchback
88-91 has lots of room, great on gas, cheap, and you can fit a shit load of cargo in em...

get an SI with a/c...
[post=529071]Quoted post[/post]​

cheap? hahahaha an EF in good shape around here is almost as much as an EG everywhere else. This area is FUCKED for Honda prices.

Si's are even MORE money, assuming you can even FIND em.

you can buy a honda accord wagon for abou t $700-$1500 .. my wagon is blue booked at $725 only because it has body damage.. but it runs great and is in good condition inside.. but you could find one for about $1000 that would have good outside and good inside..

Originally posted by Lantis@Jul 20 2005, 01:45 PM
you can buy a honda accord wagon for abou t $700-$1500 .. my wagon is blue booked at $725 only because it has body damage.. but it runs great and is in good condition inside.. but you could find one for about $1000 that would have good outside and good inside..
[post=529076]Quoted post[/post]​

a GRAND??? HAHAHAHAHA

you people are funny.

dude, get in your car and drive to cali or something, lol

oregon obviously blows goat balls for decently priced cars...

start "importing" them from cali and retire at 30...
or 40, i forgot how old you are...

i would drop 3K for a mint 88-91 SI with a/c...

Originally posted by Battle Pope+Jul 20 2005, 03:50 PM-->
@Jul 20 2005, 01:45 PM

a GRAND??? HAHAHAHAHA

you people are funny.
[post=529080]Quoted post[/post]​

how much are you willing to spend? :blink:

Originally posted by reckedracing@Jul 20 2005, 01:59 PM
dude, get in your car and drive to cali or something, lol

oregon obviously blows goat balls for decently priced cars...

start "importing" them from cali and retire at 30...
or 40, i forgot how old you are...

i would drop 3K for a mint 88-91 SI with a/c...
[post=529090]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah, I would too. If it were MINT. They go for 3k with high miles and they're beat to shit!

Originally posted by Lantis+Jul 20 2005, 02:00 PM-->
Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jul 20 2005, 03:50 PM
Lantis
@Jul 20 2005, 01:45 PM

a GRAND??? HAHAHAHAHA

you people are funny.
[post=529080]Quoted post[/post]​

how much are you willing to spend? :blink:
[post=529093]Quoted post[/post]​

Probably up to 5k for the right car.

ye sell that thing its freaken ugly

get yourself a nice acura legend

very comfy, handles like a car not a boat, and will fit 5 people and their luggage

thirsty v6 though

yeah, I'm tired of low MPG.

and acuras are just as expensive as infinitis to repair.

looks is a matter of opinion.

You're not dumb, if you're looking for a daily driver stick to the experts. Go honda or toyota. Mazda also doesn't have a bad product in some peoples eyes, but obviously a camry/tercel or a civic/integra will be on top of the cheap, reliable, car list. Anything luxury, as you found out isn't going to be cheap. Anything older with v6 or v8 isn't going to be fuel friendly for the most part.

I'll give you $6.00 for your infinity. thats SIX u.s. dollars.

Back