server crashes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Briansol

Admins
Admin
VIP
Hi all,

I realize it's beyond annoying. It keeps happening and i can't keep up with it 24/7.

I've hired an outside consulting company to tweak the server to hopefully stop this from happening all the time going forward.

Hopefully this will be resolved shortly.

i hired an expert :D

load is way down already. i think he might have got it. we'll see what happens as time progresses.

consultants work against you. you pay them to make things better, but only for a short amount of time. soon they will be your 24/7 support staff for when shit breaks... often :)

we're not on windoes dude.

so far he's
Changed apache timeouts
added mysql maxclients
installed eaccelerator
changed the filesystem to noatime

things have been smooth since. i think this might be a good fix

I don't know if anyone has had any issues today with it, but I keep running into issues as far as the search option. Can't find anything...Worked a few times, then said there were no results, then found some stuff...

Just a heads up. Maybe it's operator error, maybe it's something else...

At first I tried searching for P05 in EF

Then when it didn't find anything, I tried P05

Then, I tried ECU, and it said there was nothing found...

Seems to be working now...But like I said, maybe it was user error...

You really paid someone to do that instead of just having me do it for free.

Definition of stupid?

I'm glad it's running much smoother. Whenever the server crashes at work I either a) call the head tech or b) reboot the darn thing myself.We're supposed to call the help desk but my stupid ass has become so familiar with what to do, since it seems to happen when I'm the only freakin' person in the building, that I do it without calling. Besides, half the time they are just the "helpless" desk as we like to refer to them. I love OS2. :rolleyes: We're supposed to be switching over to Windows 2000 in a few months.

What operating system are you running, B?

IIRC this board is CentOS. The 404 page has been updated, but i think thats what i remember it being.

OS2 upgrade to server 2000....i dont see that as much of an upgrade. Id rather upgrade to redhat than server 2000.....and thats saying a lot.

IIRC this board is CentOS. The 404 page has been updated, but i think thats what i remember it being.

OS2 upgrade to server 2000....i dont see that as much of an upgrade. Id rather upgrade to redhat than server 2000.....and thats saying a lot.

Tell me about it. I've talked with the techs and told them that's a real stretch of an upgrade to 2000. haha

is server 2000 even supported by Micro$oft anymore???

who the fuck "upgrades" to an 8 year old OS

Back