Should I upgrade my Plug Wires ??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mdixonjam

I hear of upgraded silicone plug wires at least 8mm will reduce the possiblities of leakage, etc. and produce a more reliable spark transfer.

I hear lots of people say stick with the Honda OEM plug wires because the work the best.

Can anyone say if they would recommend getting any sort of upgraded plug wires and if so, which ones would you recommend ??

What are your views ??

Originally posted by Calesta@May 27 2005, 04:28 PM
I like the NGK Blue wires. OEM is excellent too.
[post=504300]Quoted post[/post]​

You know a reliable place to mailorder these (blue)?

Whoa $60+ shipped :(, I'll try to find them locally, should be able to, just got to not be lazy.

MSD wire ssuck. The plug that attaches to the distributor pops off, they don't fit well.

Same thing with Magnecore's. You've gotta put zipties on the rubber plugs at the distributor to keep them tight, and they fit REALLY loosely on the head...wish I had some OEM's.

I bought the cheap lifetime warranty ones for my DX, then i swapped them over to my b16 and they work good. no problems. plus i change change them every to months or so because of the warranty. they are like $22 at autozone lol

What about Nology wires? Any word on those?

Some swear by them, but if I spent $120 on plug wires...I would too. IMO they are a waste of cash, and clutter you engine bay with more wires.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@May 28 2005, 07:00 PM
Some swear by them, but if I spent $120 on plug wires...I would too. IMO they are a waste of cash, and clutter you engine bay with more wires.
[post=504748]Quoted post[/post]​

Oh my.....120 for plug wires?
wow,,,,

You wont beleive how much I made mines for...YUP MADE MY OWN WIRES and they are better then any other wires out there....T.L.B......anyone?

Oh and the best part is I only paid --Under 3 bux--- to do it.....

OHh, and did i mention they come in different colors too?
lol.....Team low Budget baby...lol...

Back