Showing my car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ANP320

Hey, i have a 97 civic and i want to start showing it. It looks good right now, i just lowered it. I was wondering if someone could give me a heads up and some tips on how to start getting sponsors and the steps to start me off showing my car. Thanks.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jun 20 2005, 06:00 PM
Well, you gotta do a LOT more than lower it to get sponsors.
[post=514519]Quoted post[/post]​

well yeh i know that....but usually sponsors will sponsor you so u can do more to your car.

Wrong.

You already have to be ass-deep into the mods to even get a second look. As back-asswards as it sounds, you already have to HAVE the trophy car to get sponsored. Most sponsored showcars were already trophy winners BEFORE sponsorship.

Sponsorship doesn't usually pay for mods, it usually pays for entry fees/travel expenses, that kind of thing. Some of it pays for mods, sure, but by the time you get sponsored you'll have an asston of stuff done to it anyway.

Everyone starts out with their hopes up, thinking "I'm gonna get a bodykit and some race seats and try to get into a magazine!" It doesn't work like that. To get sponsored, or even get a mention in a mag, you gotta have something SPECIAL.

damn....that sucks...i already have all my plans on what to do to my car but i dont have the money to do nethin lol...thanks for all your help guys

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jun 20 2005, 03:14 PM
You already have to be ass-deep into the mods to even get a second look. As back-asswards as it sounds, you already have to HAVE the trophy car to get sponsored. Most sponsored showcars were already trophy winners BEFORE sponsorship.
[post=514524]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: That is so true!

Build what you want, per your money demands. Don't go out and build a "show" car just because you want to get sponsered. Build the car you "want". I know it sounds dumb, but I've seen a few kids dump $1,000's into their cars, only to be dissapointed at the end result.

like the kid who got 8 grand for shis how teg that spent 40,000 on...

show sucks.

its all about the go-factor.

if it goes like hell, and looks clean, i'll look at it.

if its some shade of florescent, a wing the size of delta, and some fuzz shit ozzing out of the half-opened hood... i'll laugh and walk on bye.

Sol speaks the truth. Some people gawk at my car, saying that it's not cool looking, or that it doesn't have an awsome stereo. I built it to handle. It handles - really, really good. Therefor, I have achieved what I set out to do. I don't need neon, a wing, a body kit, or 4 13" subs. Sure that's "cool", but not in my book.

$9k primered Civic with a built B18, coilovers, Willwoods and Rotas will always be cooler than the $90k show queen that has to be trailered from show to show.

Back