Si wiring harness

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Squeek485

would a D16A6 engine wiring harness work on a D15B1 with the MPFI swap done? I know it sounds ridiculous, but I don't trust the previous owners work and I have found a complete D16A6 harness for sale. My car is a 90 Std Hatch with the D15B1 engine. the MPFI swap has been done and it has a 91 crx si ECU and an Si trans. the previous owner said that the Dristributor and Intake manifold are from a Z6 engine. The car has never seem to run quite right and the more I look into the wiring the more ive noticed that things are wired up backwards and what not and it just looks like a tangled up mess of sh*t. so theres the reasoning behind this question. thanx in advance

Last edited:
No a si harness literally wont plug into a dx dpfi chassis harness, different amount of wires and plugs are completely different , you can either redo the wiring , or I think now there is a actual dpfi to mpfi harness you can buy out there now, also idk how or why he would wire in a obd1 dist and intake manifold they are different also, need some pics etc of this thing , also feel free to create a build thread and welcome to hondaswap, sadly this is kind of the side effect of buying somebodys half finished hacked up project lol you will get it figured out though

It does sound a little messy. Different OBD parts on the motor is something I always avoided but that doesn't mean it's impossible....just something I avoid for ease and simplicity. Really hard to tell without looking at wiring and such but your issues can be fixed.

Me? I'd find and Si swap and call it a day. So much more fun to drive.

oh I intend to find a D16A6 or similar motor to replace what I got.. moneys just a bit tight at the moment. the harness that I found is everything bumper to bumper. all the wiring for the motor/headlights/taillights/ect. even the fuse block. as for the OBD1 stuff wired in, I got nothing. I wanted to replace the distributor cause I think my TDC sensor is going out (of course it could also be caused by the misfire) and all the threads that I had found before ordering the part said to use a D16A6 Distributor, so that's what I ordered. when it came in I noticed that the plugs were different so I text the dude to see what he used and said that he used the Z6 Distributor and he changed the wires in the distributor to work. I was working, ill give him that. and it currently still works. but now I have an A6 distributor lying around and I can only drive the car for a short amount of time before the Check Engine light pops on with a code... 9 I think it was. whatever the TDC sensor code is. luckily it pop-s on either as im pulling into work, or pulling into my apartment. lol. anyways, if it makes more sense just to redo the wiring, ill just go that route. thanks for the info, guys.

so, just to clear stuff up... when I get a D16A6, do I need to swap around sensors to be able to use my current engine harness?

Yes obd0 and obd1 plugs are different, and we dont know whats all been changed and cannot anwser your questions, and I would avoid changing harness front to rear, change everything to obd0 and obd0 wiring, and dont go replacing stuff till wiring is 110% known good

Yes obd0 and obd1 plugs are different, and we dont know whats all been changed and cannot anwser your questions, and I would avoid changing harness front to rear, change everything to obd0 and obd0 wiring, and dont go replacing stuff till wiring is 110% known good[
Know anything about 91. Crx si headlight wire harness and what each one does ?

Back