Sick And Tire Of Hearing About Lag.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
ok, below is a big ass dyno pic.
this is motor matrix's car in case you are wondering. its a built ITR motor running a 62-1 turbo (which is slightly bigger than a t4/60-1)

565dyno.jpg

No what I want to point out is this.

EVEN during lag which is very evident, he is still putting well over 100 hp to the wheels. Can you d-series do that? no.
does a b16 do that before 4 grand? doubtful.

I rest my case.

Yeah, it "lags" but you still have more fucking power.

how many of us have 550 whp Hondas? If we did, like u said, who gives a shit about the lag when ur already at 100 whp?

thats the whole point dude. its a HUGE fucking turbo- lagging more than you average t3/t4, and thus EATING more power.
a t3/t4 would b much higher in lag

s3df2987e21a04.jpg

check out my lag as you can see since I have the timing cut out my HP drops off around 4.5K it stops gaining even tho it puts out a crapp 240WHP at 4K with a 1.6

with the same PSI timing added back in and the fuel to match the HP will keep going up to 310-320ish

Jeff

:spin: i agree with pissedoff, one point to mention is that we put turbos to go fast and on most dyno runs you want to have a long run to see the performance at different rpms, but when you do, what you put that turbo on to do, you won't be launching down low like on a dyno run you'll be launching almost into turbo spool so you won't be feeling much lag if at all.
with my greddy kit i begin to spool at 3000 and by 4000 i'm at 9psi, i launch above 3000 on the street how long do you think it takes to get to 4000rpms on a turboed b16.

Originally posted by karnash@Mar 5 2003, 02:41 AM
you know what has more lag than a turbo?

FRIENDS WHO OWN RACE SHOPS THAT HOOK U UP WITH PARTS FOR FREE....

i wish i had some friends like that, i have been hooking up my ride since 97, when the import culture was starting to get big. B)

Originally posted by redtao+Mar 5 2003, 03:13 AM-->
@Mar 5 2003, 02:41 AM
you know what has more lag than a turbo?

FRIENDS WHO OWN RACE SHOPS THAT HOOK U UP WITH PARTS FOR FREE....

i wish i had some friends like that, i have been hooking up my ride since 97, when the import culture was starting to get big. B)

since '93 for me....when we had to order our shit out of japanese catalogues.

i think i paid 950 in 1993 for a hks exhaust for my 1991 prelude

Damn dude i thought i was old :D
its all good. i think in 93 people only had like weld on tips around
houston that is, we are slow on everything down here.

Originally posted by redtao@Mar 5 2003, 03:20 AM
Damn dude i thought i was old :D
its all good. i think in 93 people only had like weld on tips around
houston that is, we are slow on everything down here.

back in '91-93 for so. cali..... l.a.-ish area.

big thing was stickers, that one piece winsheild wiper, and cutting ur springs.....and LOUD ass exhausts....

the good thing about it, was that hardly anybody knew what an fixed up import was all about, and the cops didnt even sweat
us AT ALL.....

miss those days

yeah, i remember the cut spring and the cars bouncing around, you know they still do the big sticker across the window here and exhaust are louder now than then, maybe cause we don't have a sound law or they don't enforce it, now a days with those 3 inch pipes or no pipes at all the cars just scream for a mile down the road.
it was nice how the cops didn't take notice and the inspections over here were super relaxed back then too all they tested was to see that you had a muffler and a sniffer test, plus the little bs like lights. now were are going to a more like cali testing system. sucks!

You know what really pisses me off about the cops over here, they will pull over a little import ride and give you a ticket for no front license plate but they never would pull over a bmw or jag. or cady or benz with no front plate. :angry:

youve got to keep in mind that cadys and bimmers rarely act like jackasses on the road compared with the majority of the import community (i.e. the ricers) and cops figure those driving rice patties are younger and more likely to be drunk or have drugs on them then grany or mr. v.i.p. I wish my rex had a b18c5 running over 5 to the wheels, damn, i think i might be able to deal with the lag.
peace

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 4 2003, 11:04 AM
thats the whole point dude. its a HUGE fucking turbo- lagging more than you average t3/t4, and thus EATING more power.

I'm confused, are you saying the t3/t4 lags more? I think i read it wrong because it sounds like your saying "it lags more than your average t3/t4" but a t3/t4 would lag more. I'm lost. :unsure:

I see the proof, but something is misworded?

he has a good point. technically my DX motor lags more to get to 100 HP, if it even gets there. lol

Originally posted by preluderjs+Mar 10 2003, 09:51 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Mar 4 2003, 11:04 AM

I'm confused, are you saying the t3/t4 lags more? I think i read it wrong because it sounds like your saying "it lags more than your average t3/t4" but a t3/t4 would lag more. I'm lost. :unsure:

bad choice of words.

as you can see from jeffie's dyno, the lag is less resulting in more power

Back