Silvia Sighting

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

s3e4647b37bf55.jpg

i was in L.A. this afternoon (chinatown to be exact), when i saw this nice silvia. there was an import carshow going on nearby that i tried to get to but couldnt because of the chinese new year's parade and no parking. :(

Brian...check out the reflection! :D

s3e4648bff1256.jpg

Nice :D ,my buddy has a 240 he got for $800,we were going to do a whole conversion when we got back from deployment.But someone had some other plans and stripped it,sucks.Now he's gotta spend more just to get the crasp the bastards took.But it will be born again.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Feb 9 2003, 08:16 AM
Nice :D ,my buddy has a 240 he got for $800,we were going to do a whole conversion when we got back from deployment.But someone had some other plans and stripped it,sucks.Now he's gotta spend more just to get the crasp the bastards took.But it will be born again.

ow that sucks. :eek:

i just noticed that silvia has smaller wheels with bigger tires on the rear. 1/4 mile track car?? :D

i dont know, it doesnt really look like a silvia for some reason, it might just be me though.

I never even knew they had convertable silvias.

Originally posted by K2e2vin@Feb 9 2003, 02:26 PM
I never even knew they had convertable silvias.

Well they don't put H22's in civics :lol:

Yea it sucked bad when the MP's sent him the pic's

Hey do think B's sol got jeolous?Hahaha

Damnit I miss my gf's 240. She had a 96 se until some bitch who couldn't drive decided that car didn't need to be on the road anymore......totalled......completely.........t-boned her at 45 mph.....
stupid bitch!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Did anyone notice what is next to it? Its b's sol with OEM wheels.

;) LoL... just cuz some guy puts a "silvia' emblem in the back of his 240, doesn't make it a silvia. I mean not to say that this isn't a "silvia" but you shoulda taken a pic of the front then state your claim.

FYI:
-the '94 240sx's only came in convertible.
-the different set of tires in the back is either for one of three things... one, he's a guy who for some reason can't have matching wheels around... two, the guy uses a different set cuz the tires he prefers in the back are cheaper and probly easier to drift with... or three (and u get a lot of these), a poser who wants to look like a guy who drifts

IMO i wouldn't consider it a silvia (or a 240 with a conversion) unless he had the SR20DET, the front end, the JDM interior, maybe RHD conversion, tail lights, etc... but that's just me.

Now, in downtown San Mateo, in Northern California... looming around 2 am one Saturday night was an actual blue S15 (99-newer) Silvia imported from Japan. Too bad I didn't have a camera, but I dropped a slice of pizza on my shoes in awe. It was like that Altima commercial when it slowly passed by me. BTW it had no license plates and was probly coming back from this place in the Bay Area that I know imports cars.

Originally posted by S13Less Posted on Feb 9 2003@ 06:46 PM
IMO i wouldn't consider it a silvia (or a 240 with a conversion) unless he had the SR20DET, the front end, the JDM interior, maybe RHD conversion, tail lights, etc... but that's just me.

Or maybe it is a silvia. ;) edit---->well it is LHD so eh.Still looks nice

While we are on the topic of Silvia's...my dad has a classic 260Z (won best 260 @ West Coast Z Auto Show) and he is shopping around right for shops that will swap in an S15 SR20DET. No shops are willing yet...still searching. But at the show we heard about some guy on the east coast who has a 240 with an RB20DETT (I think thats the engine code for the Skyline). There really isn't any limits to car tuning is there?

You pretty much have to stick with RWD. Most (if not all) skylines are AWD. Wiring might be an issue. Back in the 70's and 80's people droped v8's in them and hauled ass.

Hey 4doors4life, try contacting Dauntless at afterdarktuning.com. He might be able to help your dad either do the swap or find someone who can do it besides himself. He sells the motors and does swaps.

And yeah, the RB20DET was the R32's engine code (can't remember the R33's engine, maybe RB25), but the newest R34 has the RB26DETT. I've heard of a couple 240's with the RB26 in them. In fact dauntless wanted to do the swap into his car.

Wow, neat swap in that white 240 silvia, but WOW holy gay ass body kit batman, and that wing is pretty lame too. If he lost that along with the :ghey: winshield banner that would be a neat car. And I love how his coming mods mean the cars gonna be slower (18" wheels lol). Nice car minus the rice.

R32 - R34 skylines had either the RB26DETT w/AWD, or the GT-S came with the RB25DET with only RWD. what your dad should do is get the RB26DETT with the RB25DET tranny, that way you dont need to convert that thing to AWD :)

my next car IS an s13 coupe with an rb26dett AWD conversion as well as an R33 front end.

I already got quoted for the motor and work- complete installed minus paint for around 10 grand. add 240- 11500 for a skyline beater =)

i dunno whether to call the skyline awd or rwd. its only awd when the back loses traction, which is pretty good but added weight.

Hey guys I just talked to my dad about the resources you mentioned (thanks again TommyTheCat) but there is sad news...looks like Project Z is gonna be put on the backburner :bash: He is going back to school for his Masters and he is gonna buy a Infiniti G35 Coupe! :worthy: He said he was happy about the Z and its already puttin down like 180 to the wheels. Just wanted to fill you guys in. But if he does pass it along to me...HELLO RB26DETT! Maybe me and B can do some fun runs! :D

Back