skunk 2 b series throttle body questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jxmac

Recently got a 70mm S2 tb to replace the stock one from my sol's b16 ('94)... tb itself fits perfectly, but I had an issue with the throttle position sensor. The holes for the sensor on the new tb were closer together than the old one, so obviously the tbs didn't fit. Managed to fix it after mangling the sensor, filed out the collars enough so that it would fit, but the sensor back split off and we had to silicone it back together to seal it. Whatever, it's on and if it doesn't work we'll have to get another one.

Now that I've explained that, questions - if this sensor is screwed, can I get a replacement that fits right so I don't have to mess around with it? And the new tb doesn't have any coolant lines - I haven't had a chance to sit and do anything about it but I was just wondering what other people have done with the lines - there's three, one from the heater core, one from the iacv and one from somewhere else, can't remember. I don't even know what way they flow off hand. Anyways, any suggestions are appreciated, even if it's just pointing to another thread - I'm not familiar with this forum and didn't find a while lot applicable when I searched. Thanks!

Coolant lines going through the TB are just to get the engine up to operating temp quicker when cold. I have mine removed.

Weird that the map wouldn't fit, maybe OBD1 and OBD2 maps are a little different?

since this thread is about S2 TB im a ask a few questions, hope u guys dont mind.

i have a b18b1 Ls motor and just recently bought S2 TB, my question is where and how do i delete the hose that goes to the FITV, cuz i know the S2 TB dont have the FITV so can somebody let me kno how, and what to do in this situation....thanks and i really dont mean to steal ur thread

Back