Skunk 2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Slimtadder

Skunk 2:

Are there cams billet aluminum?

Are crane and crower cams regrinds?

Next question it 12.5 to 1 to much compression for a B16A1 to handle period? Gas would have to be 92+ right?

Thanks

Skunk 2:
Are there cams billet aluminum?

I'm pretty sure they are...not sure about material, but they are built from fresh blanks. I don't know that you would call it billet... they're cast and then machined- but they are not regrinds.

Are crane and crower cams regrinds?

Crane, probably not- Crower, no. You can pay Crower to regrind cams for you though.

Next question it 12.5 to 1 to much compression for a B16A1 to handle period? Gas would have to be 92+ right?
Thanks

Nope. 12.5:1 on a B16A1 is doable- just make sure that the engine components are in good shape... rings, valves, head junk, etc. Gas would definitely have to be 93 octane or so with careful tuning.

My question is why are skunk 2 cams so sought after when the other companys like: Crane and Crower seem to be just as good?

Thanks

because crane and crower are not as good.

its as simple as that.

well, based on what i've heard from people who have used crower cams (never really used crane) but i know that the quality of skunk2 cams are better and less prone to breaking.

crower cams have had problems in the past, and there is a reason why they aren't as popular or "sought" after compared to toda, skunk2 and oem honda.

i was just wonderin' cuz brian bought a pair of crower turbo cams not too long ago.

Crower over crane? I'm just asking cause crane is been around forever. What's the cheapest anyone has seen Skunk 2 cams?

Thanks

i'd take crower over crane any day, but i'd also take crower over skunk2 also. crower has been around way longer than crane. crane started in 1970 and crower has been around since 1949.

i bought crower, because no one else caters to non-vtec folk- especially in a turbo design. IF jun made turbo LS cams, id be all over them- but they are so stuck up on fuel economy bullshit known as VTEC that they won't make 'em :)

crane- i dunno... their website is gay.
It sounds bad, but thats how i judge 99% of my purcahses. if they are too cheap to build a proper website, chances are their products are just as bunk

no one is the same as anyone else. so no.

every comapny has a little better feature than the other, and so on..

A B16 with complete head up grade and 12.5 to 1 comp. JE pistons. Just want a good setup.

Thanks

Skunks are great if you still neeed to drive the car on a regular basis... the low lobe is left unchanged so under normal driving you retain some fuel economy and a decent idle... with Todas the low lobe is also changed so there is more power under VTEC.. but fuel economy and smooth idle are sacrificed for it

Back