Skunk2 Camshafts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

noobvang

I've got some camshafts that I'm not sure what they are. :(

They look like skunk2 but seller said that they were CTR(intake) and ITR(exhaust) camshafts.

I know for sure that there not CTR/ITR cams is that they don't have any of the rings/cuts at the end of the cams. Seller is not sure either after I told him this. He said that he sent his head in to King Motorsports and this is what it came back with. Thats what if says on his paperwork too. So.....

I was wondering if any of you guys can tell me how to tell the difference in the cams. Or how to just ID the cams if they are Skunk2.......the stages too if you know.

Thanks.

sounds shady. . . . . only real way to tell is use a micrometer, record your readings of all the lobes, and contact skunk for their specs. id find another seller personally. been there, done that, not worth the headaches . . .

Wish I took pics when out of the car.

Since it didn't have any engravings/markings what so ever, I just assume that they were stock cams. I bought them for about 100 bucks so no one gets riped, mostly because I don't have any cams to spare.

.......Well, heres to total story:

Dude sells me a B16 head, has work done to it.

Intake P&P........................................................varified
Skunk2 Valve spring/retainers............................varified(sorta, retainers look like skunk2s)
LS/Vtec machine work........................................varified
UR cam gears....................................................varified
CTR/ITR Cams...................................................In the process

Well, I bought all this for 900 bucks, good deal?

Now I'm wondering about the cams, motor is in car now. Not sure if its aftermarket cause the dude upgraded the valve springs/retainers.

Reason I'm asking if its skunk2, is that its the only company that makes their cams look like stock ones.

All black and silver at the lobes. Is there any stock cams that has no markings/rings etched on them.

For now, I'm just assuming stock cams(gen1 of JDM b16s). Cams have no markings what so ever on them.

email skunk2, there is a stamping inbetween some of the lobes that can tell you if they are skunk2 or not, i forget what they are though. but i do know they are there.

Find out what type of valve guide maching they did. If they did kurning, then I would redo it and replace the valve guides. (kuring is where they stick a drill like bit down the guide, it spins and lifts up some metal almost like a thread. This does not last at all)

Back