Skyline GT-R Coming to the States!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HollowJDM

This was found in the new issue of Super Street, the one the the Garage Life S2000 on the cover on pg. 137, top right corner.

SKYLINE GT-R: WELL IT"S ABOUT TIME!

"The Skyline GT-R is coming to the states." That very same carrot has been dangled in front of your face for the past 10 or so years is also the source of our pain. We've been forced to import Skylines both legally and illegally, swap RB motors in 240SXs, and swap the badging on G35s. Do you think Nissan gets the hint? We're pretty sure it does, but we had to find out for sure. We managed to trap Nissan's Senior Vice President of Design, Shiro Nakamura, to see what the dilly-o was.

-The Skyline GT-R is scheduled to be offered in the States in 2007.

-The overall design is complete and will not resemble the R34 or the current G35.

-It's still up in the air whether the GT-R will be V-6, V-8, Turbo, or naturally aspirated.

-The big question is Whether the GT-R will be badged as a Nissan or Infinity.

Id guess itd be under infiniti. I think it was in car and driver that infiniti was releasing a "GT-R" in 2007...maybe it was makes and models.

Super Street did not add any concept or prototype pics. ya it will be easier to believe in car and driver, but then again i wouldnt doubt super street when they talk to the Senior Vice President of Design, thats pretty risky to lie about when you are saying someone said something.

Welcome to 2003...

Too bad the US hasnt seen a inline 6 motor from Nissan in 22 years. and WILL NOT see one anytime soon.

2007 GTR is going to be either a V6 or V8 theres been talk about doing a FI V6 or N/A V8 no ones really sure whats gonna happen.

either way there's been talk about the 2007 GTR for along time now.

will it live up to the past GTR? I very much doubt it. it will never be anywhere it. however it will be a well rounded car with a very lux feel...

ya, the R34 GT-R was one of nissan's lucky hits. they succeeded in a nearly perfect I-6 with potential to match, and a great visual look. it would be tough to top such a vehicle, especially with the direction cars are going these days, seen too many sport cars go luxury, and id rather have a boosted 6 then a natural 8, hell id rather have a boosted 4 then a natural 8.

That's the current Skyline AKA the G35.

heres some random pics of what the 2007 GTR might look like

scan100029yj.jpg

05RR.jpg

mag_x.jpg

skyline_rear.jpg

skyline_frontview.jpg

chances are the GTR will look like the last 2. a G35 with body kit and upgraded parts.

Originally posted by jeffie7@Jun 19 2005, 10:14 PM
Welcome to 2003...
[post=514115]Quoted post[/post]​

maybe even 2002...

seriously. this is old news.

and regardless, its nothing comared to the r33 and r34. nuff said

It feels like all the car companies are killing off or ruining the fun cars.. Prelude? gone. CRX? gone. Celica? gone. Supra? gone. 3000GT? gone.
Mazda finally brought back the rotory engine but in whimp mode.

Originally posted by erikespo@Jun 19 2005, 10:21 PM
It feels like all the car companies are killing off or ruining the fun cars.. Prelude? gone. CRX? gone. Celica? gone. Supra? gone. 3000GT? gone.
[post=514160]Quoted post[/post]​

Why again did all those cars go away?

oh yeah no one bought them

wow I need to start saving now! LOL it would be awesome to have one of those I would still love a RHD GT-R skyline over any of those aww man that 2fast2furios car looked mighty pretty! ( bad example I know but hey it showed the true skyline )

id rather have the yellow skyline from the original F&F, but thats just me, im a yellow fiend

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Jun 19 2005, 11:16 PM-->
@Jun 19 2005, 10:14 PM
Welcome to 2003...
[post=514115]Quoted post[/post]​

maybe even 2002...

seriously. this is old news.

and regardless, its nothing comared to the r33 and r34. nuff said
[post=514154]Quoted post[/post]​

guess we'll have to wait and find out.

I remembered I was at a show (truck bash in Indinapolis) and there was a white Skyline GT-R there omg it was beatiful I might have a pic of it

aperformance shop in bristol has a black r34 they built and took it to the 1/4 mile and a civic hatcheback beat it...one for the hondas...

Originally posted by erikespo@Jun 19 2005, 10:21 PM
[post=514160]Quoted post[/post]​

i heard somewhere that the crx is gonna make a comeback, but thats just hearsay. i was at a stop light looking around my car, i look up and see something white cruise by, did a double-take and said "holy shit, its a fuckin skyline in Norwalk, CT. WTF!!!!!" someone with a dealer plate has an r34. so i follow it a bit and he pulls on a street that is straight for about 1/2 mile. i pull up next to him, my boy tries to get him to do something, but he did nothing. what a pussy, but what a bad ass car, sooooo sexy.

now, to my understanding, arent they only legal in Cali b/c of emissions?

Originally posted by konflix si@Jun 20 2005, 05:44 PM
aperformance shop in bristol has a black r34 they built and took it to the 1/4 mile and a civic hatcheback beat it...one for the hondas...
[post=514489]Quoted post[/post]​

buying an r34 for drag racing is like taking a hooker fishing.

sure, its fun, but in the end, its not what you got her for.

Back