Sleeper Exhaust

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

del_sol_sleeper

I am looking for a sleeper exhaust which is also quiet. I have the 5 zigen fireball exhaust on there right now and its just too dam loud. I like the looks of the RSR EX MAG. I would like a deep exhaust note. Just wondering if anyone knows much about this exhaust. Also if anyone knows of any other nice exhaust systems like this it would be appreciated.

RS*R makes nice exhaust, or you could also get a custom job for pretty cheap with the same results as the RS*R

i've heard and seen some pretty quick civics with a Stock 99 EX muffler. The well known Cheesefrog (you know, the one that keeps up with the 10sec. Viper) has a stock EX muffler. And a CRX around here runs 13's on an EX muffler.

Originally posted by ef9civicgen4@Feb 5 2004, 04:07 PM
i've heard and seen some pretty quick civics with a Stock 99 EX muffler. The well known Cheesefrog (you know, the one that keeps up with the 10sec. Viper) has a stock EX muffler.

He runs open down pipe. He just has a cable pull switch dealio where it dumps out of the end of the downpipe instead of going through the stock exhaust, making it a sleeper.

add a high flow glasspack along the line. It won't hurt performance, and your car will be much quieter. Pre-muffler, probably <$50.

Originally posted by tab@Feb 5 2004, 05:22 PM
add a high flow glasspack along the line. It won't hurt performance, and your car will be much quieter. Pre-muffler, probably <$50.

glasspacks kill your flow, in some cases they add more backpressure then the stock exhaust. the way the baffles are cut creates alot of turbulence in the muffler, thus reducing the flow of spent gasses, and defeats the idea of having a high flow exhaust in the first place

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra+Feb 5 2004, 06:09 PM-->
ef9civicgen4
@Feb 5 2004, 04:07 PM
i've heard and seen some pretty quick civics with a Stock 99 EX muffler. The well known Cheesefrog (you know, the one that keeps up with the 10sec. Viper) has a stock EX muffler.

He runs open down pipe. He just has a cable pull switch dealio where it dumps out of the end of the downpipe instead of going through the stock exhaust, making it a sleeper.

:werd:

you can hear he's running open downpipe in the vid with the viper. a dead give away is the sound of the turbo spooling up in the beginning of the video. running open downpipe gets annoying fast. well I guess not so much the noise is annoying just the fact that you're always lookin around making sure there aren't any 5-0's coming up on you. cause where I'm at that's just asking for a "free vehicle inspection" from a cop.

the RSR is excelent ... very quiet and looks damn near stock ... im not sure if it is available for the sol or not yet ... (they are in the works of releasing one) but when it comes out i am strongly thinking about getting it

Originally posted by JOHNNYLIGHTFOOT+Feb 5 2004, 08:49 PM-->
@Feb 5 2004, 05:22 PM

glasspacks kill your flow, in some cases they add more backpressure then the stock exhaust. the way the baffles are cut creates alot of turbulence in the muffler, thus reducing the flow of spent gasses, and defeats the idea of having a high flow exhaust in the first place

the build is everything. A straight through design with limited restrictions is the goal. You could always cut out your oxygen sensor to save on the turbulence, but I wouldn't suggest it.

Stainless fiber and fiberglass cotton are a good material. You must buy cheap mufflers. Anyone thinking about RS*R, would probably not be trying to buy a crummy piece of shite.

You want a quiet exhaust system for cheap? Just take off your who exhaust system all together. No exhaust system=straight through design with limited restrictions. no one will hear you coming... until you start the car :thumbsup: :rawr:

Originally posted by FearDaGreenCivic@Feb 6 2004, 01:18 AM
You want a quiet exhaust system for cheap? Just take off your who exhaust system all together. No exhaust system=straight through design with limited restrictions. no one will hear you coming... until you start the car :thumbsup: :rawr:

wow thankyou for that thoughtful and imformative post

:bash:

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Feb 6 2004, 01:27 AM-->
FearDaGreenCivic
@Feb 6 2004, 01:18 AM

wow thankyou for that thoughtful and imformative post

:bash:

:cockblocked:

anyone know the proper name for the exhuast dump system that cheesefrog runs?
its really clever, and a great sleeper system.

i do believe its called an exhaust cut out. you can get em from jegs or summit and they are cable actuated.

Originally posted by ef9civicgen4@Feb 6 2004, 12:10 PM

i would laugh at any one trying to do that with a N/A car...

its like spending money to lose power

Originally posted by ef9civicgen4@Feb 6 2004, 01:07 AM
i've heard and seen some pretty quick civics with a Stock 99 EX muffler. The well known Cheesefrog (you know, the one that keeps up with the 10sec. Viper) has a stock EX muffler. And a CRX around here runs 13's on an EX muffler.

ok... this might sound stupid but... who is this Cheesefrog anyway? and what video with a viper? i never saw it

Originally posted by h22bubbleback+Feb 6 2004, 04:18 PM-->
ef9civicgen4
@Feb 6 2004, 12:10 PM

i would laugh at any one trying to do that with a N/A car...

its like spending money to lose power

why did i get quoted? and yes it would be pointless on NA, but who said i plan on staying NA? i also never said i was going to buy one, i was just curious.

Originally posted by NeoPheonix+Feb 6 2004, 04:45 PM-->
ef9civicgen4
@Feb 6 2004, 01:07 AM
i've heard and seen some pretty quick civics with a Stock 99 EX muffler. The well known Cheesefrog (you know, the one that keeps up with the 10sec. Viper) has a stock  EX muffler. And a CRX around here runs 13's on an EX muffler.

ok... this might sound stupid but... who is this Cheesefrog anyway? and what video with a viper? i never saw it

cheesefrog is an asian guy with a super sleeper 6th Gen Civic Hatch thats pushing 430whp. He runs a stock dx exhaust and steelies w/hub caps. We're talking about a device he has that re-routes his exhaust gases so they dont go through the muffler.

Cheesefrog vs. Viper

Back