sleeper questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blasterman87

ive been building my hatch that i baught with a blown d16. im going for a sleeper look and so far my mods are.
-jdm b16a
-url crank pully
-dc header
-full 2.5 exhaust
-gsr cams
-cai
now it looks like it belongs in a junkyard, has the trim ripped off (holes still there) faded black paint on half and black primer on the other half, steel 15' wheels, and a few dints. it also has z3 fiberglass fenders that i thaught would give it the appearance of being "rice" and therefore slow but i think im going with stock ones. my questions are what can i do to make the exhaust quieter and whats some good mods for a sleeper? i want to boost it but thats not very hidable.. thinking nitrous ?

Why not just run the B16 like it is? Leave the body the way it is and invest in a good tune and some more parts.

i want more power, i want to boost it but i will have a hard time hiding that, i also want to make it as quiet as stock without sacrificing much power... can i put a stock si muffler on it without hurting it much?

you can still boost it but what a lot of people do is paint the intercooler black so it looks more like a radiator

theres pics when i first got it, before/during the swap

Attachments

• honda 001.jpg
    honda 001.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 394
  • honda 002.jpg
    honda 002.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 404
  • honda 005.jpg
    honda 005.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG00439.jpg
    IMG00439.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 250
thanks, sence those pics ive primered half on it flat black with rustoleum and put on the z3 fenders, but it looks exactly the same. even still has the diffrent style rim on the front..lol

As far as exhaust, something I have thought about doing is leaving stock muffler hanging out back so it looks stock but you could leave your 2.5" hacked of in front of stock muffler somewhere that way they can't see it and it will just sound like a nasty leak. Great build man, the sleepers are always fun. I think I will prob paint my IC black. If you make your own turbo kit and are running low boost use a DSM side mount IC.I am trying to make mine just look clean with wheels and hood pins. On mine I am probably just running a 3" pipe out the back and hiding the muffler where the gas tank was. If I think of any other suggestions I will let you know.

i like those bays, im not worried about hiding it under the hood though, i cant hide the b16 swap so that already kills the stock engine look anyway...

i want more power, i want to boost it but i will have a hard time hiding that, i also want to make it as quiet as stock without sacrificing much power... can i put a stock si muffler on it without hurting it much?

1. Paint the intercooler, or side mount IC.
2. Recirculate your BOV and WG back into the system, it will eliminate the obvious noise of having a turbo.
3. Heat Wrap your exhaust and piping.
4. Hide your Boost/ etc gauges in less noticeable places.

this should make it less obvious that your boosted.

Back