Smog Test On Streets?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16RacerN2NR

Working Hard
VIP
I heard around the grapevine that they (california) are going to have smog check points at random, just like they do with checking for liscenses, registration, ect. anyways, has anyone else heard about this or anything similar to it? my CRX doesn't turn 20 till 2008 so i'm shit-outta luck for 4 years if there is any truth to this. to me it honestly sounds too exspensive for california to try this but maybe they know somethiong we don't.

i heard he same rumors about a year and a half ago. not sure if there is much truth in it though.

In connecticut, where they pulled both inspections and emissions little over 2 years ago, they said they were going to have side-of-the-road inspections as well. It happened once, then they dropped the whole thing.

Only recently have we gotten any sort of emissions testing and it's not going too well, so I'm sure they'll threaten the same thing again.

-> Steve

They have been doing this for about 4 months now, I have heard of this happening at a busted street race. Also My roommates dad is a cop, and he came down the other day to visit, and he was telling us about how all the highway patrol are going through special training to learn what is CARB legal and what is not, and they are learning about import cars only. That is right they are taking classes to learn only about import car mods, and other things that are not street legal in your rice rocket, so my advice to all the cali people is to get your CARB sticker, you skunk2 intake manifold, AEM intake, legal header, exaust, and what ever else is visable make sure it has a CARB sticker on it.

CARB sucks. I appreciate what they're trying to do, but most of it is uneducated politicians who really have no idea on what makes a car tick. They just tighten down the regulations a little bit every year regardless of what is possible or feasible- even when the cows farting really DOES pollute more than our cars do. I say that they should focus their efforts on putting filter in cows' assholes instead of choking off the performance auto industry... it would be a much bigger advance in reducing pollution than taking the baby steps towards killing automotive performance like they are right now.

Originally posted by Calesta@Apr 1 2004, 10:37 PM
I say that they should focus their efforts on putting filter in cows' assholes instead of choking off the performance auto industry...

:bo: :bo: :bo: :bo:

HAHAHAHA, oh man...

Yea C.A.R.B. is a fucktard organization. I talked to one of them on the phone about JDM motors and the legalities, and he was a total cock, real self righteous asslicker. Talking about how the import industry needs to thank them for letting us even swap US motors, and that they are trying to push there policies to other states. Assholes.

Originally posted by Hatchbacks Anonymous@Apr 1 2004, 01:57 PM
Hey I herd a lawnmower puts out way more pollution than a vehicle. Somehow I believe it but is it really true? :huh:

What do you guys think?

Exactly, two strokes polute so much more, and if the EPA would do its job and make the industrial companies in California clean up the pollution messes they create, then we would not have the smog and pollution problem in the major California cities. They use the auto industry as a total scapegoat that they can profit off of.

i thought this was just a rumor...oh well, 4 years and my crx won't have to worry about smog lol....like what was said above, where in cali has it been done???

i hope to god i dont get pulled over and they pull a road side inspection on my car. the emissions in my car are probably worse than a mac truck. Im running no evap system, a test pipe, and my car failed by like 10 times the state limit with it all installed, so pretty much Im screwed if i get a road side inspection.

4 years and my crx won't have to worry about smog lol

It looks like they changed it to 30 years now. :(

How old does a vehicle have to be to qualify for a smog exemption?

Vehicles with a year model 30 years old or older are exempt from the smog certification requirements.

Example: The calendar year is 2004- 29 = 1975 exempt year model

The current calendar year minus 29 equals the year model exempt from smog certification

Found Here

Originally posted by B18aCRX@Apr 2 2004, 01:00 PM
4 years and my crx won't have to worry about smog lol

It looks like they changed it to 30 years now. :(

How old does a vehicle have to be to qualify for a smog exemption?

Vehicles with a year model 30 years old or older are exempt from the smog certification requirements.

Example: The calendar year is 2004- 29 = 1975 exempt year model

The current calendar year minus 29 equals the year model exempt from smog certification

Found Here

that's just fucking great... :fuckyou: ...to C.A.R.B. and Smog Test

you do NOT need to consent to a road side smog test. The fucking cops will lie to you telling you that you do.

Best thing to do, is to tell the cop NO, then tell him you are calling your family attorney. call 411 on your cell phone and ask the operator for an attorney who specializes in traffic-related cases. Speak with the attorney on the phone and he will advise you that you do NOT have to submit to a impromptu roadside smog check. Keep the attorney on the phone all the while the cop is still around you. That way you can keep him abreast of what is going on, in case you need to take the cop to court.

Dont let these faggot CHP bitches push you around. Know your rights and stand up for them. If you dont believe me, then call down to your local traffic attorney's office and ask them directly.

Back