So I'm thinking about culinary school

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Slammed90Lude

I'll be finished with my BS in Mechanical Engineering at villanova this year. I've wanted to head to culinary school for a long long time and I can't really think of a better time than now to enroll.

I was thinking of Le Cordon Bleu, either in France, or in Ottowa, Canada. They have a 9 month Le Grand Diplome program that covers everything.

Thoughts?

haha, i'm a complicated guy. If you met me, you'd probably understand.

But yeah, CIA isn't an awful idea and it is mighty close. I was already accepted there once, shouldn't be a problem to jump back in.

complicated? or don't know what you wanna do with your life?

so will this be a stepping stone between BS and grad school for engineering?
or do you wanna be a chef for a living?

i'm confused...
but i can vouch for the CIA...
come visit while you're in poughkeespie

what???

BS in mechanical engineering, then culinary school??
what?

He's gonna make the world's first pasta fueled engine

"mama meya, it's teh VTEC!"

mario_kart.jpg

well...

I always say this, but if I was you, I'd be looking at UTC for a job. Then when you start your first day of work, you can enroll into any credited course or college you want, as long as it is at night, week-ends, or on your time off...in other words...not during the time your supposed to be at work...but...they will also alot time off for you for school as well. If you have a full sememster of credits, then they will give you a week off from work...paid. The classes, textbooks, tuition...everything is paid for by the company...you just have to pass the class with a C....or you pay it back if you fail.

But use your degree to get into the door, Sik is hunting degree'ed people like crazy, and get a decent paying job, and then free college to boot and time off from work to study for the main tests. Work there for 5 years, get you pension and then you can leave the company and persue something else that you want to try. You'll have a few bucks coming to you when your old, you won't have to shell out any more money for college, and who knows what you'll end up doing.

I know I say that to anyone and everyone...but I don't take my own advice. I should be enrolling for something right now, but I have no time to do anything of the sort with the house rebuild, yard rebuild, and all the car projects in line for me to do....too many bills, and more money needed for other things and that means I got to suck up as much OT as I can so I can afford to do something. I suck at life...I wish I was young again. :(

I have a few books from CIA and they're by far hands down the best books ever!

on another note, Le Cordon Bleu I believe teaches you everything in french. Can you speak french?

Back