So what's the general feeling on this board?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read a few kill stories and seen a few other posts and in almost eveyone the people tell their little stories and then proceed with the "street racing is bad, what makes me do it? I'm such a horrible person for this." disclaimer. What the fuck has happend over the last six years? Where are the enthusiests with heart? The people who build the cars to drive them? I can't wait until they stop releasing Fast and Furious movies and this shit all dies down again so we can get back to being serious, right now you can't drive around with out some ricer trying to rev at you or some cop sweating you because of all the ricers, they are getting to know all the spots, they draw attention to everything it is that we love, what the fuck? I want my life style back. :angry:

Simple. Ignore them.

They will NEVER stop releasing movies like this. There was only a brief time in history when the best movie cars we could get were Batmobiles and Bond cars. But car movies have been making an effect for years.

Try riding a sportbike. No one leaves you alone on one of those.

As far as the general poll on street racing ? When it's done intelligently and there is no possbility of injury or damage, go for it I say. When you have those busy down-town roads that people block off... that's the kind of shit that has to stop.

-> Steve

Originally posted by Celerity@Apr 1 2004, 11:55 AM
Simple. Ignore them.

They will NEVER stop releasing movies like this. There was only a brief time in history when the best movie cars we could get were Batmobiles and Bond cars. But car movies have been making an effect for years.

Try riding a sportbike. No one leaves you alone on one of those.

As far as the general poll on street racing ? When it's done intelligently and there is no possbility of injury or damage, go for it I say. When you have those busy down-town roads that people block off... that's the kind of shit that has to stop.

-> Steve

Oh I certainly agree about the safety with street racing, I had a great teacher who taught me everything, exercising discretion and self control are integral parts of this culture. I'd say equally important as having a working knowledge of cars. But it's frustrating to think that I spent so muc time in this and have invested so much of my life, lost friends, formed life long bonds, and pretty much commited to the mind set that this is worth the ultimate consequence to think that some jack asses are coming around now ruining this so they can get some fast ass or feel like they know anything about something that they'd never have the self discapline to understand truely.

no, street racing isnt "cool"

Last night two mexicans were "racing" their STOCK dx ek coupes down the main street. some old lady was crossing the intersection at the designated crosswalk in the middle of the road, they didnt see her coming and came within 4 feet of hitting her at 60 miles an hour.

i pulled up alongside to them and chewed them the FUCK out

well, actually when I saw that they almost hit her, i sped up, (i got a stock ex...selling it to buy a Shithead-Utility-Vehicle) got in front of one of them and slammed on my brakes. then when they tried to pass me, i cut them off again....
my super uber driving skills were no match for jose in his piece of shit dx.

finally got done fucking with him, made sure i had his full undivided attention pulled up to the ass end of the traffic line stopped at a stoplight, rolled down the passenger window and let that little fucker have it....

every single car around me was looking at me, cussing these two fuckers out at the top of my lungs......and im italian, and got a scary fucking voice when im pissed.

haha

i'm all down for a backroad boogie or an industrial park after hours drag with 2 cars. but you wont find me lining the streets racign with 2312312 people there to watch

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Apr 1 2004, 12:08 PM
no, street racing isnt "cool"

Last night two mexicans were "racing" their STOCK dx ek coupes down the main street. some old lady was crossing the intersection at the designated crosswalk in the middle of the road, they didnt see her coming and came within 4 feet of hitting her at 60 miles an hour.

i pulled up alongside to them and chewed them the FUCK out

well, actually when I saw that they almost hit her, i sped up, (i got a stock ex...selling it to buy a Shithead-Utility-Vehicle) got in front of one of them and slammed on my brakes. then when they tried to pass me, i cut them off again....
my super uber driving skills were no match for jose in his piece of shit dx.

finally got done fucking with him, made sure i had his full undivided attention pulled up to the ass end of the traffic line stopped at a stoplight, rolled down the passenger window and let that little fucker have it....

every single car around me was looking at me, cussing these two fuckers out at the top of my lungs......and im italian, and got a scary fucking voice when im pissed.

haha

see? this is what I'm talking about. What are you saying, what did that have to do with anything I was talking about except that all three of you are jack asses, you got mad at them for racing in a piss poor location(which you were right about) so you get out there and start fucking around with them?!?!?!?! I wish you'd've gotten a ticket or got hit by the old lady. Great choice on the SUV, make sure you buy the one with the exploding Firestones.

Another aspect of things that's ruining our culture is the internet, it's not hard for any toolbag to hop on-line and play e-racer or get their hands on parts that they'd normally never even know about. Or what happened to learning by working on your project and not hitting the DIY section on hondawhateverthefuck.com.

so goes the analogy : one bad apples spoils the bunch

Today, personally I don't agree with drag racing on roads. Probably for the fact that I am not into draggin' , I have nothing to prove some kid or old man what my ride has as far as power, etc. Usually the person with the most liquid background ends up being on top. I am not a professional driver, I don't do it for a living, and honestly I have reconsidered driving like a bad ass because honestly I have too much to lose as far as future stakes.

When I did drag race with the hatch, well I would take the person that wanted to race down a secluded road that doesn't have any unsuspecting turns and intersections. I did it as safe as I could, without literally going to the track.

Fast and Furious is a movie driven by youth, and also the "import" culture. There have been plenty of deaths over the past years due to drag racing in every shape and form.

Not sure what else to tell you, but that if you are going to drag race, or whatever to try to do it as safe as you can. Also, you must be willing to take responsibility for your actions.

Driving isn't a right, it's a privelage.

So there were ultimately 3 Civics racing.

Driftie: When you gather your friends from the street racing scene, you'll see the street slowly fall out of the equations. Get them all in Autox or some sort of sanctioned event and the street-homos won't even bother you anymore.

But remember that as your past has given you friends, those people too are following in your footsteps.

I, for one, used to race everynight behind my high-school. On a few nights someone could have killed themselves. One night my competitor hit a deer, and it happened so fast that i didn't even see it. Like I wrote before, we had spotters and intersection guards (To call off the race if someone turned onto the road) and it was actually put together quite well.

I have no friends from those days anymore :)

-> Steve

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 1 2004, 12:14 PM
i'm all down for a backroad boogie or an industrial park after hours drag with 2 cars. but you wont find me lining the streets racign with 2312312 people there to watch

me too, this is what I'm saying, it's become too much of a thing to do or place to be for any enthusiasts to really enjoy. In Philly we now have to race at an irregular time in a remote location OUTSIDE of the city because it has become too big, even on Sunday nights, they know all the spots, they know all the times, it's just too much. There's something to be said for having the kind of self control that'll stop from showing each and every one of your boys every spot so you seem like "the ultimate street racer".

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 1 2004, 12:14 PM

:yes: :nod:

Originally posted by Celerity@Apr 1 2004, 12:17 PM
So there were ultimately 3 Civics racing.

Driftie: When you gather your friends from the street racing scene, you'll see the street slowly fall out of the equations. Get them all in Autox or some sort of sanctioned event and the street-homos won't even bother you anymore.

But remember that as your past has given you friends, those people too are following in your footsteps.

I, for one, used to race everynight behind my high-school. On a few nights someone could have killed themselves. One night my competitor hit a deer, and it happened so fast that i didn't even see it. Like I wrote before, we had spotters and intersection guards (To call off the race if someone turned onto the road) and it was actually put together quite well.

I have no friends from those days anymore :)

-> Steve

Yeah I guess it has come to that, I'm actually getting some friends together to join the drift and auto X circuts soon, funny you should say that. Hope to see you out there.

Originally posted by driftie_hatch@Apr 1 2004, 09:15 AM
see? this is what I'm talking about. What are you saying, what did that have to do with anything I was talking about except that all three of you are jack asses, you got mad at them for racing in a piss poor location(which you were right about) so you get out there and start fucking around with them?!?!?!?! I wish you'd've gotten a ticket or got hit by the old lady. Great choice on the SUV, make sure you buy the one with the exploding Firestones.

i would have done the same thing as him. why should he get a ticket? wtf? you are an idiot. if i saw some homos racing on a public street and almost hit another person and i was within yelling distance of them, you better belive i would have something to say. if you think this kind of activity is ok, you're just like every other F&F jackass out there. take it to a fucking track or a private road.

Originally posted by B16+Apr 1 2004, 12:24 PM-->
driftie_hatch
@Apr 1 2004, 09:15 AM

i would have done the same thing as him. why should he get a ticket? wtf? you are an idiot. if i saw some homos racing on a public street and almost hit another person and i was within yelling distance of them, you better belive i would have something to say. if you think this kind of activity is ok, you're just like every other F&F jackass out there. take it to a fucking track or a private road.

You fuckin dolt, since you missed it the first time here:

"well, actually when I saw that they almost hit her, i sped up, (i got a stock ex...selling it to buy a Shithead-Utility-Vehicle) got in front of one of them and slammed on my brakes. then when they tried to pass me, i cut them off again...."
way to play yourself, genious.
from now I'm gonna just call Sally cause I think it's pretty.
Further more, Sally, I was saying that the people who have no clue what they're dong are ruinging it for people who do, kids like the three people in that story and well, probably you, Sally.

ok i'll take up for this cause i do it everyweekend. for money and for fun.

I street race in industrial area's with people watching. its a 2 lane going each way with a concrete divider. we also race on 2 side streets, and then a road that traffic does come on alot but here is the thing. IF we are ever racing and see someone that wouldnt be there, a bus, tow truck or some random person we wave them thru. and wait til they are gone. we don't hold them up for that long but we always wave people thru.

Now the people that come out to watch- most been coming out for years the rest is the new crowd and each person that gets in the car to come there knows the danger. we all know what can happen. i have NEVER seen a car hit a person before since i been racing in philly ( almost 5 years). i HAVE seen a bus hit a girl in the same place we race cause the guy couldnt wait for us to wave him thru, he decided to jump a curb and go the wrong way thus hitting a girl walking across the road to her car. I have also seen people wreck, but we have stopped to help and make sur ethey are ok. we call the police and the friends always stay with them. do stupid people race? yeah they do, but they are everywhere.

fast and the furious ruined that but they learn when they watch the old school people out there. we dont' race on highways, we don't race on busy ass city streets with people all around that aren't there for racing. we race where we race and we do what we do.

most accidents come from kids running from the cops. i saw 3 this last weekend just cause of this. 3 wrecks on running from the cops. hell if you ask the local gas stations most of the time they lose money after we leave cause people buy gas, they buy drunks, they buy food. even if its so the cops won't yell at you in the parking lot, we atleast bought something. we don't hurt anyone out there. we hurt pavement, we hurt tires, trannies hell any breakable car part.

i been doing this for years and i wont stop. there is no respect you get at the track that compares to the street. it makes ya feel good when people come talk to you about your racing or driving and you dont know them. it makes ya feel good roasting some dude talking shit. you can pick your race and battle it out. track doens't work like that. most of the time your lined up against some stupid mustang owner , after you waited an hour in the staging lanes. how fun is that? don't get me wrong i go to the track any weekend i can. cause i like seeing if i am faster or slower but the street is where i will stay

Originally posted by Trinity@Apr 1 2004, 12:30 PM
ok i'll take up for this cause i do it everyweekend. for money and for fun.

I street race in industrial area's with people watching. its a 2 lane going each way with a concrete divider. we also race on 2 side streets, and then a road that traffic does come on alot but here is the thing. IF we are ever racing and see someone that wouldnt be there, a bus, tow truck or some random person we wave them thru. and wait til they are gone. we don't hold them up for that long but we always wave people thru.

Now the people that come out to watch- most been coming out for years the rest is the new crowd and each person that gets in the car to come there knows the danger. we all know what can happen. i have NEVER seen a car hit a person before since i been racing in philly ( almost 5 years). i HAVE seen a bus hit a girl in the same place we race cause the guy couldnt wait for us to wave him thru, he decided to jump a curb and go the wrong way thus hitting a girl walking across the road to her car. I have also seen people wreck, but we have stopped to help and make sur ethey are ok. we call the police and the friends always stay with them. do stupid people race? yeah they do, but they are everywhere.

fast and the furious ruined that but they learn when they watch the old school people out there. we dont' race on highways, we don't race on busy ass city streets with people all around that aren't there for racing. we race where we race and we do what we do.

most accidents come from kids running from the cops. i saw 3 this last weekend just cause of this. 3 wrecks on running from the cops. hell if you ask the local gas stations most of the time they lose money after we leave cause people buy gas, they buy drunks, they buy food. even if its so the cops won't yell at you in the parking lot, we atleast bought something. we don't hurt anyone out there. we hurt pavement, we hurt tires, trannies hell any breakable car part.

i been doing this for years and i wont stop. there is no respect you get at the track that compares to the street. it makes ya feel good when people come talk to you about your racing or driving and you dont know them. it makes ya feel good roasting some dude talking shit. you can pick your race and battle it out. track doens't work like that. most of the time your lined up against some stupid mustang owner , after you waited an hour in the staging lanes. how fun is that? don't get me wrong i go to the track any weekend i can. cause i like seeing if i am faster or slower but the street is where i will stay

I know where you mean, we've probably raced.
While it is true that the new blood has to learn at whose expense will it be? I'm not willing to teach them or pay with mine yet it's being taxed anyway due to their assholery.

were you out this weekend? i am the only chick that comes out. blonde hair. drove a red hatchback last weekend. if you mad old school i used to come with a silver crx with mugen everything. and in the meadows i used a blue hatchback with white wheels.

Originally posted by Trinity@Apr 1 2004, 12:34 PM
were you out this weekend? i am the only chick that comes out. blonde hair. drove a red hatchback last weekend. if you mad old school i used to come with a silver crx with mugen everything. and in the meadows i used a blue hatchback with white wheels.

my Si is in the shop I hit a huge sink hole. I'll be back out there as SOON as I can.

Originally posted by Trinity@Apr 1 2004, 12:34 PM

OH SHIT!!! I remember the CRX! Whatever happened to that thing? It was fast if I remember correctly, I used to have a GS_R.

as fast as a b16 can be. i wrecked it. i still have it thought. i almost traded a kid for a ek but that thing was all bondo so i said fuck it. i am getting it repainted and fixed to come back out. i should be bringing out a new crx soon. turbo ls in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back